2781Calendar of the Soul, Week 17 after Easter

    Aug 1 9:23 PM

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra on Easter Sunday.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month, to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos, plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night, for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of spiritual people and events connected with specific days.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CANCER from July 21st to August 3rd in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the CRAB, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.
          For those not familiar with the use of mantras: The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images like the above ("Imaginations") to awaken spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from English to German.

      *  M A N T R A  # 1 7 *
      Es spricht das Weltenwort,
      Das ich durch Sinnestore
      In Seelengründen durfte führen:
      Erfülle deine Geistestiefen
      Mit meinen Weltenweiten,
      Zu finden einstens mich in dir.

      There speaks the World-Word,
      That I through the Senses' Gate
      Would let lead to Soul's Ground:
      "Fill your Spirit-Deeps
      With my World-Wideness
      To find one day Me in you."

           The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light
      and warmth, so strong that it dims down the Ego's thinking; then, from out of
      the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are to find our "selves" again in
      the World-Self.
          This week that world speaks to us through the senses' beauty
      which we take in to the soul's depths, saying that as we fill our "I" with
      the expanse of the world, its very essence will become something permanently
      part of us.

                                          **********************************

      Sunday, August 1st.  Moon Aquarius. Macabees. 1744 Natural Scientist Lamarck born.

      Monday, August 2nd. Moon Pisces.  Hannibal. 1832 Olcott born.

      Tuesday, August 3rd. Moon Pisces.   1492 Start of the first Voyage of Columbus.

      Wednesday, August 4th. Moon Aries.  Dominic (Founder of the Dominican Order). Josias, King of Judea. Josias, the Prophet. Tertullian. Aristarchus. 1792 the Poet Shelley born.

      Thursday, August 5th. Moon Aries.  1396 Gutenberg born.

      Friday, August 6th. Moon Taurus.   Sixtus. Verklarung Christi.

      Saturday, August 7th. Moon Taurus.
      Asra. Cajetan. Donatus. Petrus and Julianus. Ulrika.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.net
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic