2773Calendar of the Soul, Week 15 after Easter

    Jul 20, 2004
      ******* Sorry to be late with the Soul-Calendar this week.   -starman

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra on Easter Sunday.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month, to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos, plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night, for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of people and events connected with specific days.  Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th to July 20th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the TWINS done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.
          For those not familiar with the use of mantras: The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images like the above ("Imaginations") to awaken spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from English to German.

      *  M A N T R A  # 1 5 *
      Ich fühle wie verzaubert
      Im Weltenschein des Geistes Weben
      Es hat in Sinnesdumpfheit
      Gehüllt mein Eigenwesen,
      Zu schenken mir die Kraft
      Die, ohnmächtig sich selbst zu geben,
      Mein Ich in seinen Schranken ist.

      I feel how enchanted
      Into World-Shining is the Spirit's Weaving:
      It has in Senses' Dimness
      Enclosed my Self-Essence
      To give me the Power:
      That, powerless myself to give
      My "I" in its boundaries is.

           The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light
      and warmth; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are
      to find our "selves" again in the World-Self. This week the Spirit we
      experience through the beauty of the senses in the outer world has enwrapped
      itself around the Ego, which would otherwise be cut off from the world--- a
      "spell" cast over it which is unwrapped at Christmastime, which is the
      opposite verse to this week's.

                                          **********************************

      Sunday, July 18th.  Moon Leo.  St. Thomas Aquinas.

      Monday, July 19th. Moon Leo.  St. Vincent de Paul.

      Tuesday, July 20th. Moon Virgo.  The Prophet Elijah (Elias).

      Wednesday, July 21st. Moon Virgo.   Daniel.

      Thursday, July 22nd. Moon Libra.  Mary Magdalene. The astronomer Bessel born 1784.

      Friday, July 23rd. Moon Libra.  Apollinaris, School of Peter. Syrus, Christian Teacher in Justinian's Time.

      Saturday, July 24th. Moon Scorpio.
      Christiana.

        Planets :  Jupiter is the brilliant white "star" that can be seen for a few hours after sunset in the Southwest, amongst the stars of the Lion.  The other planets are only visible in the morning before sunrise.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.net
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic