2714Soul-Calendar, Week 5 after Easter

    May 9 9:41 AM

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra on Easter Sunday.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month, to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos, plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night, for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of people and events connected with specific days.  Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st to June 15th  in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the BULL done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.
          For those not familiar with the use of mantras: The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images like the above ("Imaginations") to awaken spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from English to German.

      *MANTRA #5*
      Im Lichte, das aus Gesistestiefen
      In Raume fruchtbar webend
      Der Götter Schaffen offenbart:
      In ihm erscheint der Seele Wesen
      Geweitet zu dem Weltensein
      Und auferstanden
      Aus enger Selbstheit Innenmacht.

      In Light, that out of Spirit-Deeps
      Weaving in Space is bearing its fruit,
      The Gods' Shaping is revealed :
      In it shines the Soul's Essence
      Widened to World-Existence
      And resurrected
      Out of narrow Selfhood's Inner Might.

      *******The weaving of the Sun in the growth of the plants reveals the Divine working. We feel that this spiritual essence working is similar to our own inner souls---- that it is like our soul spread out in external space.

                                          **********************************

      Sunday, May 9th.  Moon Aquarius. Schiller died 1805.

      Monday, May 10th. Moon Aquarius.  Gordian.

      Tuesday, May 11th. Moon Pisces. Otto von Guernicke (inventor of the air-pump) died 1686.

      Wednesday, May 12th. Moon Pisces. Last Quarter. Pancratius.

      Thursday, May 13th. Moon Pisces. Carl von Linne born 1707. Cuvier (the great natural scientist) died 1832.

      Friday, May 14th. Moon Aries. Boniface. Ludwig Bechstein died 1860.

      Saturday, May 15th. Moon Aries.
      . Torquatus Antonius, prophet in 15th century.

        Planets :  Brilliant Venus is seen in the West each night, appearing above the setting sun as the sky darkens, and staying up for about 1-2 hours after sunset. Dimmer, reddish Mars is above and to the left of it, and a little further up is yellowish Saturn---- all three quite close together beneath the twin stars Castor and Pollux of Gemini.
          Jupiter is the brilliant white "star" that can be seen high in the South at sunset and for several hours afterwards, then setting in the West about midnight. It is amongst the stars of the Lion.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.net
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic