2224Re: [steiner] Elbert Benjamine

    Nov 21, 2003
      In a message dated 11/20/2003 10:16:19 AM Eastern Standard Time, sirius777@... writes:

      Hello

      I have been wondering if the work done in horary astrology by Elbert
      Benjamine (C.C. Zain) is compatible with Dr. Starman's astrology and the
      Soul calendar given by Rudolf Steiner?

      Thank You

      ******* He's a curious figure, who built on the earlier sytem of the Golden Dawn and gave it his own twists. My impression is that he was an occultist just using his own intellect and speculating, like most, and had developed nothing like the insight into the occult symbolic language that Steiner had. I'm sure there might be good in his work, but he defined everything in his own peculiar way so much that it seemed impenetrable to me. I also found little value in his sytem of corresponding the Tarot cards and Hebrew letters/paths of the Tree of Life, which differs from the Golden Dawn's.
          I'd put him in the class with people like Heindel myself, not Steiner--- although I don't mean by that that he was a self-deluded plagarist like the former, who made up a 'Rosicrucian' organization in California with his inferior copy of anthroposophy after studying Steiner in Germany.