2220Re: [steiner] A question on the signs

  • eyecueco@netscape.net
    Nov 20, 2003
      DRStarman2001@... wrote:

      >*******Well, the original indications to Imma von Eckherdstein are of course i
      >n German, so I'd have to translate them for us to work with them---unless
      >someone else would like to volunteer. ;->

      The translation of the 1912-13 Calendar of the Soul is now available from AP for $30.00.
      The origin of both Calendar of the Soul and the drawings is discussed in the AP Holiday Catalog on page 14-15.

      >   . They are pictures of stages in the evolution of the World and Man as
      >revealed in occult history. Steiner described this sequence in several lectures,
      >for instance in Lecture 7 of Egyptian Myths and Mysteries (Sept. 9, 1908). The
      >first physical appearance of the human body was a sort of fish-like being; an
      >early stage of it was called the Water-Man. It was unisexual until the stage
      >of the Skorpion was reached.
      >
      >Starman

      Actually, it seems the idea for the Calendar originated with Marie von Sivers
      and Imma von Eckhardstein in 1911 when they were on vacation in Portorose.
      According to the write up on pags14-15, they presented the idea to Steiner
      and von Eckhardstein was "given the task of illustrating the calendar", "following
      Steiner's indications for new monthly zodiac images, as well as for other images".
      "She was also advised to meditate each morning on the rising sun" in order to
      come up with illustrations.

      After reading this I'm not so sure I see these drawings being "pictures of
      stages in the evolution of the World and Man" so much as arising from this
      woman's predawn activity? Was she an initiate, or just inspired by RS?

      Paulina