2219Re: [steiner] The List-

  • Julie H
    Nov 20, 2003
      Actually, I first joined this list in October of 2002.
      I recently changed my email address and joined with
      the new email address. The old address is
      julie_b_h@....

      I am the mother of a Waldorf student in Southern
      California and am here to learn more about the
      philosophy behind my daughter's education.

      I have been trying to read "Philosophy of Freedom" but
      often have to put it down for weeks to absorb the 2
      pages that I have just read. At the rate I'm going it
      will take me years to finish the book.

      I've been working with the "Calendar of the Soul" and
      prefer the translation with the Edith Bierman series
      but I also like the thought provoking symbols that
      Starman sends out.

      My current anthroposiphical pondering is related to
      the "Calendar of the Soul". I often think about the
      verse as I am walking down the arroyo. In Southern
      California, at this time of the year nature seems to
      be coming alive after a long summer sleep. The grass
      is growing, the birds, and animals are becoming more
      active after the first rains of autumn. Only the
      trees seem to be preparing for the rest of Winter.

      In fact, this week I seem to be jumbling two verses
      together. The first line of this weeks verse is:
      "The light from the depths of the Spirit". I have a
      tendency to exchange it with "the light from the
      expanses of the universe."

      Similiarly, I am transposing the current line "and
      shines into the dullness of the senses" with "and
      shines into the depth of the spirit".

      I'm thinking the mixed up California seasons are
      jumbling the spring and fall soul calendar verses.

      Have Fun,

      Julie

      --- DRStarman2001@... wrote:
      > Standard Time,
      > radistasi@... writes:
      >

      > > Starman,
      > >
      > > I know that this list is public but a possible
      > solution to spammers is to
      > > ask new comers to list some of the books they have
      > read on Anthroposophy and to
      > > ask them to write you a short essay on their
      > particular interest in
      > > Anthroposophy.
      > >
      > > In other words there needs to develop a means to
      > weed out spammers before
      > > they join the group.
      > >
      > > rick distasi
      > >

      > *******Well, I'm going to do something like
      > that---namely, note and inquire
      > of new members joining. In the past few weeks, for
      > instance, we've had new
      > members:
      >
      > Renee Lattimore (in late October)---- and then
      > in November:
      > Brent Wilson of Kansas City
      > "Dragonfliesare dancing"
      > G. Renquist
      > "biblia1703" from the U.K.
      > "Dianatomi16"
      > "Vindexeuropa" and
      > "plongplong0525". (The last one I suspect is another
      > spammer.)
      >
      > Why don't you all introduce yourselves and say what
      > you're interested in
      > seeing on this group?
      >
      > And by the way, another reminder: Christmas is
      > approaching (Advent starts
      > Nov. 30th), and we traditionally take a book to
      > study together for the 12
      > Holy Nights here. What might people be interested in
      > reading together?
      > -Starman
      >
      > http://www.DrStarman.net

      Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now