2216Re: [steiner] A question on the signs

    Nov 20, 2003
      In a message dated 11/3/2003 1:30:16 PM Eastern Standard Time, gringoire@... writes:

      Chantal wrote:
      Question:  I have seen the drawings of all the signs of the zodiac before and am left wondering.  What do they mean?

      Dr Starman replied:
      I have the original sketches with his notations in German on them. I believe Franky the eurythmist here also has them. We could take the zodiac drawings and work with what they are supposed to represent once each month if people are interested.

      Firstly let me thank Dr Starman for his recent response to my question about planetary relationships.  Anyone who is working with 'Cosmic and Human Thought' as I am will find much in it that is useful.  I would like to brood a little before commenting further.

      I would also be interested -- if it is at all possible -- in seeing the original sketches for the zodiac drawings.  I have to admit that I find the sketches by Imma Von Eckhardstein to be a little unclear in their meaning.  For example the current sign, Libra, has a thin band between the sun and the cross -- this gives the impression of being a wave coming in on a shore.  If this is so, it would imply that the four elements have been included in the image -- but I cannot be certain.  The content of many of the other images is equally unclear.

      *******Well, the original indications to Imma von Eckherdstein are of course in German, so I'd have to translate them for us to work with them---unless someone else would like to volunteer. ;->
         . They are pictures of stages in the evolution of the World and Man as revealed in occult history. Steiner described this sequence in several lectures, for instance in Lecture 7 of Egyptian Myths and Mysteries (Sept. 9, 1908). The first physical appearance of the human body was a sort of fish-like being; an early stage of it was called the Water-Man. It was unisexual until the stage of the Skorpion was reached.