2140Re: [steiner] Folk Souls (was:Fw: General: We're in a 'Spiritual Battle' )

  • lilolemissy
    Oct 31, 2003
      Thank you, Dr. Starman, and I believe I understand and appreciate your time and efforts with these points.

      Cheers!

      Sheila

      *******They do indeed. I hesitate to go into many examples from the present-day because it would involve politics, but it can be seen all throughout history. Dr. Steiner said that, in the present era, there are Luciferic spirits in every category of the hierarchies. This means that, just as there is an Archai that is the Spirit of the Age, there is an anti-spirit, and each Fire Spirit or Archangel that rules a nation has an opposing anti-archangel. In the early 20th century, for instance, the archangel of the German-speaking people sent us Rudolf Steiner, an occultist with great speaking ability and power to change his society; the anti-spirit also sent an occultist with great speaking ability and power to change that society. Unfortunately the German people chose the wrong one to follow, by and large. In the French Revolution, Steiner spoke of the chaotic group of revolutionaries who murdered their King and then took over as being like "a soul without a body", and finally along came Napoleon, who was, he said, like a body seeking a soul. I think he can be thought of as a manifestation of the national doppelganger or anti-folk spirit.

         Just as there is a great responsibility in speaking about medicine from out of spiritual science, because of what people will do with that, we also have to approach characterizing different nations gingerly. It's not just stereotyping, but truly perceiving the Archangelic being through the individuals. Each nation has a definite character and each character has its shadow side.