1949RE: [steiner] Celebrating Michaelmas & the stars

  • Jp
    Oct 1, 2003

      I found an interesting, fuller treatment of the four Royal Stars at www.queenofcups.com/AR27article.htm .

      It gives a good description of the role of these stars in the sky through the seasons and the ages, and their associations with powerful beings in Persian & Egyptian mythology -- but no mention of Judeo-Christian names of archangels.

      Of Michaelic interest:

      Aldebaron was equated with the Persian god of light, Ahura Mazda, and is said to endow integrity and to engender the test of honor.”

      Regulus was equated with the mythical Persian king, Feridun, and is said to bestow success, power of position and the test of withholding revenge”

      Fomalhaut was equated with the Persian god Zal, and is said to bestow charisma and to engender the test of remaining true to our ideals.”

       Antares was equated with the Persian god of the dead, Yima, and is believed to convey passion and the test of addiction to intensity.

                                                                       Joseph Proskauer