1819Calendar of the Soul, Week 19 after Easter

    Aug 24, 2003
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting at Easter. These are well known to students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day--- a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces--- and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar' restored to its complete form for your use.

       *  M A N T R A  # 1 9 *

      Geheimnisvoll das Neu-Empfang'ne

      Mit der Erinnerung zu umschliessen,

      Sie meines Strebens weitrer Sinn:

      Es soll starkend Eigenkräfte

      In meinem Innern wecken

      Und werdend mich mir selber geben.

      Mysteriously the newly-received

      With the Memory to enclose,

      Be my Striving's wider Sense:

      It will strengthen Self-forces

      In my Inner awaken

      And becoming me my self give.

      *******The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light
      and warmth; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are
      to find our "selves" again in the World-Self. This week that process is at
      the point where we have received this 'world self' in the past month, have
      taken in to the soul's depths, and now we seek to enclose this Summer-Event
      within memory. In the future, the world's very essence will become something
      permanently part of us, giving us a new 'self' as it evolves us further.

                             **********************************
          The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LEO from August 4th to Sept. 7th in our era. A symbolic image of the LION done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications is inserted below.

      Sunday, August 24th. Moon Cancer. Barnabas, the companion of Paul.

                   Bartholomew, the Christian Apostle to India.

      Monday,  August 25th. Moon Leo. Ludwig IX of France, the Crusader. 1900 Nietzche died. 1844 Herder born.

      Tuesday,  August 26th. Moon Leo.  Samuel the Isarelite Priest.

      Wednesday,  August 27th. Moon Virgo. New Moon. 1770 Hegel born.

      Thursday,   August 28th. Moon Virgo. Augustine, the famous Church leader died 430. 1749 Goethe born.

      Friday,   August 29th. Moon Libra. Beheading of John the Baptist.

      Saturday,  August 30th. Moon Libra.

       1856 John Ross, the discoverer of the

                                               magnetic North Pole died.

      P.S. Brilliant yellowish-red Mars, at its brightest doing its retrograde 'loop', dominates the night sky, visible in the Southwest from shortly after sunset, moving to directly south by about midnight.

       *  M A N T R A  # 4 4  *

      Ergriefend neue Sinnesreize

      Erfühlet Seelenklarheit,

      Eingedenk vollzogener Geistgeburt,

      Verwirren sprossend Weltenwerden

      Mit meines Denkens Schöpferwillen.

      Grasping new sense-arisings

      Fulfilling Soul-Clarity,

      Mindful of acheived Spirit-Birth,

      Entangling sprouting World-Becoming

      With my Thinking’s Shaping-Will.

      This week's mantram:
      We are heading towards spring and summer, when our inner selves once more
      sleep while the Earth awakens. This week, stirrings of life in the wakening
      outer world combine with our wills as we continue to unfold the spirit-birth
      acheived at midwinter.

      -Dr. Starman