1635Calendar of the Soul-Easter Approaching

    Apr 1, 2003
      *******We are in a most interesting time, when the last verse of the 'Soul-Calendar' (see below) has been reached, but it's still several weeks before we start with the first verse of the new, there being a late Easter this year. This whole time therefore falls into a time of the change from going out into the cosmos and then drawing in from it again, as can be experinced by meditatively working with the ending and beginning verses.

      of the Calendar of the Soul

      *******MANTRAM 52*******
      Wenn aus den Seelentiefen
      Der Geist sich wendet zu dem Weltensein
      Und Schonheit quillt aus Raumesweiten,
      Dann zieht aus Himmelsfernen
      Des Lebens Kraft in Menschenleiber
      Und einet, machtvoll wirkend,
      Des Geistes Wesen mit dem Menschensein.

      When out of the Soul's Deeps
      The Spirit wends its way to World-Being
      And Beauty swells into the widths of Space,
      Then is drawn from farthest Heavens
      The Life Force into human bodies
      And there becomes one, mightily working,
      The Spirit's Essence and Man's being.

      *******MANTRAM # 1*******
      Wenn aus den Weltenweiten
      Die Sonne spricht zum Menschensinn
      Und Freude aus den Seelenteifen,
      Dem Licht sich eint im Schauen,
      Dann ziehen aus der Selbstheit Hulle
      Gedanken in die Raumesfernen
      Und binden dumpf
      Des Menschen Wesen und des Geistes Sein.

      When out of the Wide World
      The Sue speaks to Man's Senses
      And Joy out of Soul's Depths
      Becomes one with Light in vision,
      Then is drawn from the Ego's Sheath
      Thinking into farthest Worlds
      And joins, dimly,
      Man's Essence and the Spirit's Being.

         This time of year we receive the Life Force from the returning Sun at Easter. The spirit within goes out into the universe and connects with that Source, from which the new life force will start flowing at Eastertide.