151Re: [steiner] Which Gospel?

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Nov 30, 2000
      In a message dated 11/30/00 3:55:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      sena@... writes:

      << Dear Members,
      I seem to have made a blunder in devising the poll. As of this
      evening (the 30th), there is a clear majority for The Gospel of St.John.
      I have not read this book, and I now discover that there are two books by
      Steiner:
      (1)The Gospel of St. John
      (2)The Gospel of St.John and its Relations to the Other Three Gospels
      I cannot amend the poll without deleting all the votes already cast, so
      I must ask those who voted for this to specify which book they mean.

      Sena >>
      I thought that at the time, but events moved too quickly.

      I cast my vote for the original Gospel of John 1908 lectures, as these were
      the first on the Bible Steiner gave, the start of the work. Then he did the
      other lectures you mention, then Luke, Matthew, and finally Mark. So why not
      start with the ones he started with? Also, they've always held a special
      place for me as one of the first lecture-cycles of Steiner's I ever read.

      P.S. The 'John' referred to is St. John the Evangelist, not John the Baptist
      who we celebrate St. John's Day for, although the two are occultly connected.
      John was associated with the sign Scorpio and the Eagle, which of course is
      the fall.