1269Re: [steiner] Re: to experience thinking

    Oct 18, 2002
      softabyss@... writes:
      From my reading of your post I would conclude that you find Kuhliwind's fundamental distinctions to be a bunch of crap. Is that the case?
      Best Wishes,
      Carol
      P.S. please resond to me offline if you feel that others are
      not interested in this topic. I only post it in the group
      because I am tweeking it a bit, and, perhaps, it is moving in
      a direction of more interest.

      *******Well, let's say that I didn't feel in him any great insight into Steiner's philosophical works, or sense him experiencing pure thinking as Steiner did and many other anthroposophists I've met did (like Bill Lindemann of Spring Valley). I heard him lecture and read his main book years ago, and found both the book and man were 'flat' and did nothing for me, quite unlike Steiner. But perhaps he's someone who others would appreciate, and it was just my temperament that didn't respond to his (one disappointed hearer remarked that he was like his name, a 'cool wind').

         Why not say what 'distinctions' you're speaking of? Remember, this list has not been working with the Philosophie der Freiheit for ten months. Are you on the list 'Sister' Joanne started to study it? I assume you know the Waldorf education technique: you only really know something when you can do something creative with it, like present it in some form to others. So here is your audience! If the members can't relate to it or are not interested I'm sure they'll tell us so.

         Also, please be sure to tell me what of my writing about the PoF you find unclear. If it's of little interest to the group we can take it offlist.

      Dr. Starman

      Steiner himself says NOT to to take a piece of the

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic