1218Fwd: My New-Cut Ashlar by Rudyard Kipling

  • hercullesrj
    Sep 5, 2002
      "MY NEW-CUT ASHLAR"

      L'ENVOI TO LIFE'S HANDICAP

      My new-cut ashlar takes the light
      Where crimson-blank the windows flare.
      By my own work before the night,
      Great Overseer, I make my prayer.

      If there be good in that I wrought
      Thy Hand compelled it, Master, Thine-
      Where I have failed to meet Thy Thought
      I know, through Thee, the blame was mine.

      One instant's toil to Thee denied
      Stands all Eternity's offense.
      Of that I did with Thee to guide,
      To Thee, through Thee, be excellence.