1168Re: [steiner] Anthroposophy and Astrology

    Aug 15, 2002
      In a message dated 8/15/2002 4:31:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time, pacbay@... writes:

      1.  I
      just got to this one in my archives. (I had over 300 posts after vacation) Interesting. How do you explain the apparent accuracy of Tropical Astrology with this assertion by RS about present solar positioning in the signs? How who one use both systems harmoniously in progressing charts and in establishing birth charts?

      2.  I have started collecting the color images you are sending along with the calendar of the soul. Other than going back to old posts, how can we receive or access all of them at once for printing out. They are fantastic meditation art/symbols/archetypes.

      Jeff

      *******As I said, Tropical charts are the etheric forces and Sidereal charts picture the astral body.
          I'll soon have all the 12 zodiac images in the Files section of this list for all members to access.

      Dr. Starman

      *******Both of these are only partially true. True, there is a whole field of 'astrosophy' that uses the time of conception--- or more accurately the movements of the planets FROM conception TO birth. It supposedly shows the previous earth-lives and what is brought over from them. However, if you'll read Steiner's book "The Spiritual Guidance of Man and Mankind" he is emphatic about all of us being 'imprinted' with something at the moment of BIRTH. He states flatly that if one were to take a sectional photograph of the brain of a newborn baby at birth with its convolutions, it would be found to match the positions of the planets overhead at that moment. This is similar to the ancient teaching about the ethers acting through the air 'stamping' us at the moment of the first breath independent of the mother's body.

         Second, Steiner used both the Signs AND the Constellations, as can be seen in his direct pupil Elizabeth Vreeede's book Anthroposophy and Astrology (she was the first head of the Mathematical-Astronomical Section of the Goethanum). He gave out the dates he said the Sun was now in the influence of the 12 unequal constellations---for instance, he said Cancer the Crab was only 2 weeks long, from about July 20th to August 3rd (these are in the Soul-Calendar mailings)--- but he ALSO used the 12 equal signs or what Robert Powell calls the Steps of the Sun (so, for instance, the Moon is listed in the SIGNS, not the constellations, in the Soul-Calendar).