1097Calendar of the Soul, Week 19 after Easter

    Aug 3, 2002
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      The cycle of the year can be a meditation through which you can sense the
      Beings that are behind the changing seasons, and Steiner gave out the
      'Calendar of the Soul' to do this. It's 52 meditative mantras enabling you to
      consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within you as
      well as in outer Nature in the course of the year. These are well known to
      many anthroposophists; but the original Calendar published in 1912 ALSO
      contained 12 Images of the Zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the working of
      the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), a listing of the Moon's phase
      and position in the constellations each night (for sensing the 'lunar'
      forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with
      specific days of the week. We're presenting all that here. We begin with the
      mantra in the original German and in translation:

      * M A N T R A # 1 9 *
      Geheimnisvoll das Neu-Empfang'ne
      Mit der Erinnerung zu umschliessen,
      Sie meines Strebens weitrer Sinn:
      Es soll starkend Eigenkräfte
      In meinem Innern wecken
      Und werdend mich mir selber geben.

      Mysteriously the newly-received
      With the Memory to enclose,
      Be my Striving's wider Sense:
      It will strengthen Self-forces
      In my Inner awaken
      And becoming me give me my self.

      The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light
      and warmth, then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are
      to find our "selves" again in the World-Self. This week that process is at
      the point where we have received this 'world self' in the past month, have
      taken in to the soul's depths, and now we seek to enclose this Summer-Event
      within memory. In the future the world's very essence will become something
      permanently part of us, giving us a new 'self' as it evolves us further.

      **********************************
      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Leo from
      August 4th to Sept. 7th in our era. The symbolic image of the Lion done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications is attached to this post as a JPEG, although
      it may go through to you or not depending on your settings.

      Sunday August 4th. Moon Gemini. Dominic (Founder of the Dominican Order).
      Josias, King of Judea. Josias, the Prophet. Tertullian. Aristarchus. 1792 the
      Poet Shelley born.
      Monday August 5th. Moon Cancer. 1396 Gutenberg born.

      Tuesday August 6th. Moon Cancer. Sixtus. Verklarung Christi.
      Wednesday August 7th. Moon Leo. Asra. Cajetan. Donatus. Petrus and Julianus.
      Ulrika.
      Thursday August 8th. Moon Leo. New Moon. Cyriacus. Justinus. Romanus.
      Eseverus. Smaragdus. Ladislaus.
      Friday August 9th. Moon Virgo. Cajetan. Ericus.
      Saturday August 10th. Moon Virgo. Agathe. Laurentius.

      Dr. Starman

      ^^^^^^^Sorry to be so late with this week's; I was travelling without my
      laptop.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic