1027Re: Unique Place of Christ

  • evlogite
    Jul 2, 2002
      Hi Jeff:
      Is it preconceived notion and bias that blinds us?
      Interesting. I know that it is possible to be very developed along
      one aspect of the spiritual path (devotional path, for example) and
      have a major blindspot regarding something that falls outside the
      scope of one's training (tolerance for non-believers, for example).
      I wonder what PARTICULAR aspect causes the individual to "miss the
      boat" or reject the Christ Event. Is it merely the sometimes bad
      track record of historical Christianity? Help me out here.

      evlogite

      PS I remember a killer quote by RS regarding the knowledge of the
      Trinity; does anyone know exactly how it goes?

      (Ignorance of the Father is a ... , of the Son an illness and of the
      Holy Spirit a tragedy.--) If anyone knows how this goes, my thanks in
      advance.

      --- In steiner@y..., "jla" <pacbay@a...> wrote:
      > Durwood,
      >
      > Might there be something else that may also "blind some" to the
      nature of the Christ? There must be some bias carried over into the
      spiritual world that prevents even some very advanced souls from
      seeing the "fact" of the Christ Being. Great Teachers like Aurobindo,
      Meher Baba, the Dali Lama, and others reached very exalted
      transcendental states far beyond the astral yet missed the boat
      across Jordan, so to speak. And if the Christ is now active as the
      Etheric Christ, surely He must be present and noticeable in the lower
      realms as well????

      > Jeff

      role of Christ in the universe? I am currently trying to understand
      the blind spot that some, such as Alice Bailey, Besant, et al, have
      regarding Christ. Bailey sees Christ as an cosmic position (office)
      which a number of beings periodically occupy (if I understand her
      writings correctly). Does anyone here have an insight into this? I
      would appreciate any help that you can give.

      > *******I would say it simply shows how far along the Path a
      person has gotten. We meet the Christ Being at a certain point, the
      point of legitimate entry into the spiritual world with the ability
      to come and go at will from then on. Entry onto the astral plane does
      not require this. In the same way as a physical scientist can
      recognize whether a man has or has not mastered calculus, or has only
      reached a point of beginning to acquire the thinking needed to do so,
      a spiritual scientist can recognize whether a person has reached a
      particular level or not.

      > For example, Dr. Steiner once discussed Mr. Leadbeater's book
      with its descriptions of the astral plane and lower Devachan. He
      confirmed that the description of the astral plane was real, but said
      quite objectively that the alleged description of Devachan there was
      merely a re-worked depiction of the astral again (because anyone who
      reaches it knows it is "heard", not seen).

      > Similarly, look at Swami Yogananda's work. Though educated
      entirely in Eastern wisdom, he recognized that the Being he knew
      through Initiation was the same described by Western English
      Christianity in his country (as did his guru, Sri Yukteswar).

      > Just as entering the spiritual world without self-knowledge
      does not enable one to orient oneself, and thus it's required to
      recognize one's alter ego as the Lesser Guardian first, so the final
      entry that enables one to come and go at will from then on requires
      one to recognize that Other, the One who became the Mediator. Many
      people in the West have become alienated from the Christ through the
      perversion of the Christian religion by the opposing Powers, and so
      have a great difficulty doing this. It is of critical importance to
      be able to do so, however, or else one's occultism will merely
      become 'Luciferic' or 'Ahrimanic'. Dr. Steiner came to rescue the
      impulse of the White Brotherhood we call Theosophy from this fate, so
      that it could be fruitful. One could even perhaps say he came to
      rescue Christianity from the same doom.

      > Dr. Starman
      >
      > Post to steiner@e...

      > Search the archives of the group at: