1025Re: [steiner] Re: Unique Place of Christ

    Jul 2, 2002
      info@... writes:
      Interesting, Dr Starman!
      Somewhere with Steiner (karmic lectures??) I read about two streams,
      one with understanding Christ as the cosmic being, the other with
      more "Jesus" understanding/experience. Do you know more about this
      aspect?
      Lutz

      *******It was indeed in the Karma lectures he gave at the end of his life, on the karma of those of us who would be attracted to the Anthroposophical Sopciety, in fact. But what he said was that there would be three streams: one, a group who were attracted to the cosmology (astrology, etc.) due to a strong influence from their incarnations in pre-Christian pagan wisdom schools; then a second group who had no such, but did have a simple heart-understanding of the Christ from their incarnations in the early Christian era; and a third group who would be sort of moving from one stream to the other. One can see this in those who take up the Christian teachings but have a hard time with "Ancient Saturn", "Fire Spirits" and what not, and others who can wax eloquently about occult cosmology but don't relate to "Jesus stuff" too well. For an example of the third, look at John Gardner, who published all the Myrin Institute "Proceedings" but towards the end of his life joined a born-again Christian group and saw how their simple heart-relation to Christ had such valid results for them, and wrote a little book, "Two Paths To The Spirit: Charismatic Christianity and Anthroposophy."

      Dr. Starman

      --- In steiner@y..., DRStarman2001@a... wrote:

      > *******I would say it simply shows how far along the Path a person
      has gotten. We meet the Christ Being at a certain point, the point
      of legitimate entry into the spiritual world with the ability to
      come and go at will from then on. Entry onto the astral plane does
      not require this. In the same way as a physical scientist can
      recognize whether a man has or has not mastered calculus, or has
      only reached a point of beginning to acquire the thinking needed to
      do so, a spiritual scientist can recognize whether a person has
      reached a particular level or not.

      >     For example, Dr. Steiner once discussed Mr. Leadbeater's book
      with its descriptions of the astral plane and lower Devachan. He
      confirmed that the description of the astral plane was real, but
      said quite objectively that the alleged description of Devachan
      there was merely a re-worked depiction of the astral again (because
      anyone who reaches it knows it is "heard", not seen).

      >    Similarly, look at Swami Yogananda's work. Though educated
      entirely in Eastern wisdom, he recognized that the Being he knew
      through Initiation was the same described by Western English
      Christianity in his country (as did his guru, Sri Yukteswar).

      >    Just as entering the spiritual world without self-knowledge
      does not enable one to orient oneself, and thus it's required to
      recognize one's alter ego as the Lesser Guardian first, so the final
      entry that enables one to come and go at will from then on requires
      one to recognize that Other, the One who became the Mediator. Many
      people in the West have become alienated from the Christ through the
      perversion of the Christian religion by the opposing Powers, and so
      have a great difficulty doing this. It is of critical importance to
      be able to do so, however, or else one's occultism will merely
      become 'Luciferic' or 'Ahrimanic'. Dr. Steiner came to rescue the
      impulse of the White Brotherhood we call Theosophy from this fate,
      so that it could be fruitful. One could even perhaps say he came to
      rescue Christianity from the same doom.

      > Dr. Starman

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic