1021Unique Place of Christ

  • evlogite
    Jul 2 9:38 AM
      Hi Everyone:

      Why is it that so many otherwise insightful streams confuse the role
      of Christ in the universe? I am currently trying to understand the
      blind spot that some, such as Alice Bailey, Besant, et al, have
      regarding Christ. Bailey sees Christ as an cosmic position (office)
      which a number of beings periodically occupy (if I understand her
      writings correctly). Does anyone here have an insight into this? I
      would appreciate any help that you can give.

      evlogite

      > *******The old Theosophical Society was wide open to everything in
      an ecumenical spirit. Unfortunately this often results in reducing
      the Christ Being to the same level as anyone else; but anthroposophy
      teaches this is not so. So we bear the accusation of being dogmatic
      or whatever, because we have to affirm the Christ as the Spirit
      behind all religions, as Edgar Cayce also put it. It's not the same
      as the Father-God that all religions recognize, and the man Jesus was
      not a teacher the same as Confucius or someone. We have to say this
      because we must recognize its truth, since we meet the Christ on the
      Path of Initiation. This certainly doesn't mean that what's called
      the Christian religion today is better than others: Steiner summed up
      his point of view in the title of one lecture, "Christianity Began As
      A Religion But It Is Greater Than All Religions." The Christ having
      come into the earth through his Resurrection has provided an actual
      force that everyone meets on the Path, and it's important to
      recognize what it is. Some ancient religions recognize it, some don't.

      > The other thing spiritual science teaches is that we need to
      develop body-free thinking in the modern era. Concentrating on the
      breath brings you more into the body, not less. If one takes a non-
      physical reality like a mantra or image and meditates on it, the
      breath will regularize of itself, and this is better for most modern
      people. If this sounds dogmatic, well, just try it and see. This is a
      science after all, not a religion. Compare both methods and try to
      objectively examine the results. It's not that one is right or wrong
      but one may have the efect you want in this incarnation while the
      other may not.

      > Starman
      >
      > > golden3000997@c... wrote:
      > > Hello Starman and Everyone!!
      > > I have been following with interest this current discussion...
      > > Steiner never put down any philosophy or really any practice.
      > > I found Steiner circuitously through Yoga and I still find great
      value in Yogic teachings and practices. I think it helpful to
      consider yoga's evolution since the fall of
      > > Atlantis and maybe re-evaluate the breathing as meditation
      practices since we all have lungs now. But hey, deep breathing is
      still good for you!

      > > I have pictures of Krishna in my kitchen and hope eventually to
      evolve into being able to refrain from all meat products (I can't or
      won't yet - but its coming!) From my understanding and current
      personal belief system, Krishna was a pre-Christian manifestation -
      not Incarnation - of Christ. It's not a question for me of either/
      or, it's a question of the most extreme gratitude to Steiner for
      putting together all of the "seemingly" disparate pieces of the
      cosmic puzzle. In "The Gospel of St. Luke" which has the most
      wonderful information on the Two Jesus Children, there is also the
      most wonderful
      > > description of Christ as the Vishnu Karma, the giver of Karma,
      surrounded by the twelve Boddhisatvas, of which Gautama Buddha was/
      is one, meditating on HIM.

      > > In the introduction to the Bhagavad Gita, it is told that Krishna
      gave the instruction of the spiritual science of the universe and
      beyond to Manu, which is another name for Noah, the leader of the
      exodus from Atlantis. It has also been many years since I read "The
      Bhagavad-Gita and the Epistles of
      > > St. Paul" by Rudolf Steiner, but I will probably be taking
      > > another look again soon. Don't forget please, his "From Buddha to
      Christ".
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic