Re: Buzz Feiten offsets explained

  • matseriksson2002
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 1, 2004
      Thank you very much, Lee, for your answers.
      Will check them out. I have had viable answers to all of my
      Buzz/Nut/Plek things now that I can make a judgement. Sorry for my
      ramblings. Will refrain from Buzz/Plek discussion now for a while...

      The zero fret thing, seems to be the one to stick with...
      on headless at least ...maybe make that single one a stainless steel
      fret because its durability compared to normal frets...;-)

      Thank you, all.

      kr
      /mats

      --- In steinberger_world@yahoogroups.com, Raymond Barnes
      <phaedeback2010@y...> wrote:
      > Dear all,
      >
      > This is turning into a slightly looped post, and while
      > this won't help anyone with a zero fret, this may help
      > out for other instruments:
      > http://www.earvana.com/how.html
      >
      > Now for bass, there's ABM that does make a pole piece
      > nut, and I want to say that David King also has a
      > similiar system he can put into a bass, too.
      >

      > Lee

      __

    • andyyak
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 1, 2004
        > The zero fret thing, seems to be the one to stick with...
        > on headless at least ...maybe make that single one a stainless steel
        > fret because its durability compared to normal frets...;-)

        Keep in mind stainless frets will sound different than standard nickel
        silver ones. If you use just a stainless zero fret, open strings may
        have a markedly different tone than fretted ones. Wear isn't your
        only consideration.

        Andy Y.