Gday All The TAR is now 100 yrs old The TAR, Commonwealth Railways, AFAIK,seriously looked at Sulzer direct drive 4-8-4 Diesels,start on very high press compkitbun2001
Hi Roberto, And herein, if one understands correctly, is a very interesting aspect of the La Mont boiler concept; that the circ rate of the water through theherb.garratt
And thus the refinement of Porta-McMahon treatment, where the chemicals remain largely in the mobile ‘sludge’ and are mainly depleted only via firstname.lastname@example.org
Typically, it will offer information about...
* tips for rebuilding steam locomotives and/or their sub-assemblies and parts,
* sources for this technology,
* information about new solutions for modernizing existing steam locomotives,
* emerging renewable energy sources for use in these locomotives,
* steam history... or books about it...
* drawings, shop manuals, other tech?
* establishing a central source for documents written by L.D. Porta and other steam experts...
* the growing success of tourism-oriented steam train operations, and what it implies for steam traction,
* "steam related events": "specials" or "Plandampf",
* records of steam locomotive new construction,rebuilding, and/or modernizing,
* existing survivors, either "still in operation" or waiting for... better days (?),
Some fun too: we hope that we will talk about Garratts and Mallets, about weird things like Golwes ... or modernized Shays.
Information about other reciprocating steam machines will be welcome...
Primarily full-size "1/1 scale" units, but the tech of miniature steam (live steam) is OK too: additionally, models are attractive test-beds for the development of "1/1 scale" solutions...
We value freedom of expression, so off-topic posts are allowed. Our companion list, Steam_Tech_NoYAK, is recommended for those who don't want to read off-topic material.
Business-oriented messages are OK (provided they relate to "steam" topics...).
Messages should primarily be written in English but other languages are OK, provided they use the same letters/signs. If you post a message in a different language (e.g. French or German) please add some English translation or short summary.
- Train Travel
- Aug 23, 1998
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.