Pacific beauty contest was [steam_tech] Re: Coupler

  • andymaciver
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 1, 2009
      --- In steam_tech@yahoogroups.com, Benjamin Hern <benhern@...> wrote:

      > I also would have liked to see the NZGR proposed 'super-Q' in three
      > dimensions.

      Benjamin, I believe there have been one or two 5in or 7 1/4 scale
      steam models of the proposed super-Q. The name is derived from the
      original NZ pacific, the Baldwin-built Q of 1901, claimed to be the
      original pacific class locomotive.
    • davep@quik.com
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 9, 2009
        http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/03/09/2510890.htm

        Tas steam machines warning

        Organisers of Tasmania's largest steam engine event say they are
        struggling to keep the historic machines from being sold to
        overseas buyers.

        An estimated 10,000 people attended SteamFest at Sheffield in
        north-west Tasmania's north west at the weekend. It continues
        today.

        "The prices that they're commanding in the UK are very high, so if
        we don't keep the movement alive here in Tasmania with regular
        events where people can show their traction engines and generally
        have a great time with them, the risk is that they will
        progressively disappear," he said.

        best
        dwp