Re: [stcarol] June PALE text

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2007
      What? No one has any comments at all?
      Then this what I'll send.
      It's due Tomorrow..

      J M Hughes wrote:

      > Here is the text that fits inside a 3.25" x 4.75" (Quarter Page) text
      > box. There's just enough space to add a 2 sentence explanation of what's
      > happening at this event. Please tell me what it is and I'll add it
      > before I send this off later in the day on Monday, April 30.
      >
      > St. Carol on the Moor presents:
      >
      > Midsummer War on the Moor II:
      > Conflict at the Crossroads
      > Saturday, July 7, 2007
      >
      > Evergreen Hollow Park
      > West Evergreen Ave, Effingham, IL 62401
      >
      > Moor fun that you can shake a stick at!
      >
      > Site opens 9:00am and closes 10:00pm. Site is DRY.
      >
      > Fees: Site Fee $3 (Does not include NMS); Feast $6. Feast limited to 50.
      > Make checks payable to SCA - St. Carol on the Moor. Please notify Feast
      > Steward of dietary restrictions.
      >
      > Event Steward: Kendrick the Tinker (Jeremy Vail), 200 E Wernsing,
      > Effingham IL 62401, (217) 663-3467 jervamp@...
      > <mailto:jervamp%40yahoo.com>
      >
      > Feast Steward: Olaf the Strong (Matt Strong) 1220 Madison, Charleston,
      > IL 61920 217-549-2905 olaf.the.strong@...
      > <mailto:olaf.the.strong%40gmail.com>
      >
      > Marshal: Charles Hughes, 21 Heather Dr., Charleston, IL 61920
      > (217)348-0045. cehughes@...
      > <mailto:cehughes%40consolidated.net>
      >
      > Directions: Taking interstate, I-57 or I-70 North or South, take exit
      > 162 and turn left (South) on Rt. 45. The second light will be Evergreen
      > Ave. Turn right & the site is down a ways on the right. [If you take Rt.
      > 45 into town, Evergreen is off of Rt. 45 North so follow the "45N" signs
      > through town and to get there.]
      >
      > What doesn't fit:
      >
      > The feast menu:
      >
      > * On Table: Breads, cheese, fruit, butters. First Remove: Chicken &
      > Barley Stew.
      > * Second Remove: Salad of greens.
      > * Third Remove: Marinated Beef on Rice, honeyed carrots.
      > * Dessert Remove: Russian Crème with berry sauce.
      > * Drinks: Water, lemonade
      >
      > Any *specifics* regarding combat, artisans, sunshades, showers, the
      > pool, or whatever. That will have to go in the electronic flyer and the
      > web site.
      >
      > The running gag with the original event was the word moor (instead of
      > more). The tag-line was:
      > "moor fighting, moor feasting, moor camping, moor fun... (and probably
      > moor typical July weather)"
      > Instead of "More fun than you can shale a stick at" I put in "moor fun
      > that you can shake a stick at!" Seemed appropriate.
      > Again - give me a two (or three) sentence description and I'll add it.

    • C. E. Hughes
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1 7:50 AM
        I have contacted Vargas- he had made no contact
        with Indiana commanders as he had suggested he
        might do for us to make a melee challenge between
        Midlands and Constellation troops. I contacted
        our Kingdom commander who directed me to the
        Constellation commander. I sent email to the
        Constellation Commander inviting him and any
        interested fighters to join us for the weekend.

        Basically Vargas did not follow up on our
        conversation from Maidens and we did not end up
        on the "official" list of fighting events. Since the
        "official" practices have already been published we are on our own.

        If anyone is going to Baille this weekend PLEASE
        try to let people know we have space for
        melee. I have committed to help with and event
        in Indiana and I will try to see if I can pass
        the word along to the Constellation fighters in
        South/central Indiana. I will be in the kitchen
        most of the day but will try to get information to the day site.

        Carlo