Re: [stcarol] Re: The AD!!

    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 28, 2007
      Due 1st mo.;
      All events entitled for 1 free 1/4 page;
      send to pale@...;
      $20 late fee if accepted.
      All ads must include:
      # Name of the event.
      # Date of the event (day, month, and Common Era year).
      # The time of the event: "Site opens... - Site closes..."
      # The name of the sponsoring group. (Incipient groups must also include
      your sponsoring group in the ad.)
      # The location (name, street address, and town) of the site.
      # The name (both Society and real), address and telephone number of the
      autocrat.
      # Written directions. Please do not send maps, they will not be used.
      # A list of all fees that are to be charged at the event.

      All rules, fees and required format found here:
      *http://www.midrealm.org/pale/midrealm_pale_ad.html
      *

      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 28, 2007
        Jeri, if I get all the info to you, can you make up the ad so it can be
        submitted before the deadline?

        Cass

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 28, 2007
          :| Send ASAP, tomorrow (Sunday) (including directions).

          Cass Strong wrote:

          > Jeri, if I get all the info to you, can you make up the ad so it can be
          > submitted before the deadline?
          >
          > Cass
          >
          > On 4/28/07, J M Hughes <jmhughes@...
          > <mailto:jmhughes%40consolidated.net>> wrote:
          > >
          > > Due 1st mo.;
          > > All events entitled for 1 free 1/4 page;
          > > send to pale@... <mailto:pale%40midrealm.org>
          > <pale%40midrealm.org>;
          > > $20 late fee if accepted.
          > > All ads must include:
          > > # Name of the event.
          > > # Date of the event (day, month, and Common Era year).
          > > # The time of the event: "Site opens... - Site closes..."
          > > # The name of the sponsoring group. (Incipient groups must also include
          > > your sponsoring group in the ad.)
          > > # The location (name, street address, and town) of the site.
          > > # The name (both Society and real), address and telephone number of the
          > > autocrat.
          > > # Written directions. Please do not send maps, they will not be used.
          > > # A list of all fees that are to be charged at the event.
          > >
          > > All rules, fees and required format found here:
          > > *http://www.midrealm.org/pale/midrealm_pale_ad.html
          > <http://www.midrealm.org/pale/midrealm_pale_ad.html>
          > > *
          > >
          > > Kendrick wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Sorry, I've not been keeping a good handle on thing with this whole
          > > > autocratting bit. I ditto the bad week bit, I've been a bit
          > > > preoccupied. I have finally added some rough info to the site.
          > > >
          > > > We need to get a final menu for the feast and stuff like fees hashed
          > > > out soon. As soon as Carlo can get me some info on the martial side of
          > > > things I will post it.
          > > >
          > > > I will upload the image I used for the heading banner on the event
          > site
          > > > to the files section here so that it can be used if need be.
          > > >
          > > > If I get some info I can make a basic ad modeled after the site page
          > > > easily enough. Is there any hope of getting $$ there in time for it to
          > > > make the deadline? I don't have a Pale handy to read the event listing
          > > > guidelines.
          > > >
          > > > YIS
          > > > Kendrick

        • C. E. Hughes
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 29, 2007
            I've heard no more from Vargas. I'll try to get in touch with him
            today. I would advertise that we have a large field that is suitable
            for melee activities. It might do well to post that this is an open
            field area and fighters might want to bring shade flies to set up
            small camps to ensure shade.

            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 29, 2007
              Okay, here's what I have so far. Please feel free to add or subtract....

              # Name of the event. Midsummer War on the Moor II: Conflict at the
              Crossroads
              # Date of the event (day, month, and Common Era year). July 7th, 2007
              # The time of the event: "Site opens... - Site closes..." 9am-10pm??
              # The name of the sponsoring group. (Incipient groups must also include
              your sponsoring group in the ad.) Shire of St. Carol on the Moor
              # The location (name, street address, and town) of the site.
              # The name (both Society and real), address and telephone number of the
              autocrat. Kendrick the Tinker/Jeremy Vail
              # Written directions. Please do not send maps, they will not be used.

              Taking the interstate, I-57 or I-70 North or South, it's all the same, take
              exit 162 and turn left (South) on Rt. 45. The second light will be Evergreen
              Drive, fortunately it is clearly marked. Turn right and the event site is
              down aways on the right.

              Evergreen is off of Rt. 45 North of Effingham so those taking highway can
              follow the "45N" signs through town and get there.

              # A list of all fees that are to be charged at the event Site Fee $3 (Does
              not include NMS) Feast $6. Feast limited to 50. Feast menu: On Table:
              Breads, cheese, fruit, butters. First Remove: Chicken & Barley Stew. Second
              Remove: Salad of greens. Third Remove: Marinated Beef on Rice, honeyed
              carrots. Dessert Remove: Russian Creme with berry sauce. Drinks: Water,
              lemonade. SITE IS DRY.

              Feastocrat/Dietary concerns: Olaf the Strong :
              olaf.the.strong@...217-549-2905/1220 Madison, Charleston, IL
              61920

              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 29, 2007
                Got it - I'll list the 'address' as

                Evergreen Park, Evergreen Drive, Effingham, Il

                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 29, 2007
                  Wait - it's actually Evergreen *Hollow* park, yes?!?

                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 29, 2007
                    http://www.effinghamil.com/visitorsbureau/recreation.cfm

                    Evergreen Hollow Park
                    W. Evergreen Ave.

                    Park hours are 5:30 am to 11:00 pm
                    Closing at 10 gives us time to clean up.
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 29, 2007
                      Address and phone in my record for our autocrat is:

                      200 E Wernsing
                      Effingham IL
                      62401
                      217-347-5129

                      Correct???
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 29, 2007
                        The "official" lable for the park is:
                        "Evergreen Hollow Park
                        West Evergreen Avenue
                        Effingham, IL 62401 "
                        I think that's the same as Jeri posted.

                        I would use the (217) 663-3467 number for me. It's the phone I carry.

                        Everything else looks good to me. I will add the additional info
                        posted here to the web site by Monday evening. Once that is done I
                        will blurb Middlebridge.

                        Thanks for carrying me on this one guys!

                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 29, 2007
                          Will do on the phone # change.
                          Will post text when finished.