Re: The AD!!

    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 28, 2007
      Sorry, I've not been keeping a good handle on thing with this whole
      autocratting bit. I ditto the bad week bit, I've been a bit
      preoccupied. I have finally added some rough info to the site.

      We need to get a final menu for the feast and stuff like fees hashed
      out soon. As soon as Carlo can get me some info on the martial side of
      things I will post it.

      I will upload the image I used for the heading banner on the event site
      to the files section here so that it can be used if need be.

      If I get some info I can make a basic ad modeled after the site page
      easily enough. Is there any hope of getting $$ there in time for it to
      make the deadline? I don't have a Pale handy to read the event listing
      guidelines.

      YIS
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 28, 2007
        Due 1st mo.;
        All events entitled for 1 free 1/4 page;
        send to pale@...;
        $20 late fee if accepted.
        All ads must include:
        # Name of the event.
        # Date of the event (day, month, and Common Era year).
        # The time of the event: "Site opens... - Site closes..."
        # The name of the sponsoring group. (Incipient groups must also include
        your sponsoring group in the ad.)
        # The location (name, street address, and town) of the site.
        # The name (both Society and real), address and telephone number of the
        autocrat.
        # Written directions. Please do not send maps, they will not be used.
        # A list of all fees that are to be charged at the event.

        All rules, fees and required format found here:
        *http://www.midrealm.org/pale/midrealm_pale_ad.html
        *

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 28, 2007
          Jeri, if I get all the info to you, can you make up the ad so it can be
          submitted before the deadline?

          Cass

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 28, 2007
            :| Send ASAP, tomorrow (Sunday) (including directions).

            Cass Strong wrote:

            > Jeri, if I get all the info to you, can you make up the ad so it can be
            > submitted before the deadline?
            >
            > Cass
            >
            > On 4/28/07, J M Hughes <jmhughes@...
            > <mailto:jmhughes%40consolidated.net>> wrote:
            > >
            > > Due 1st mo.;
            > > All events entitled for 1 free 1/4 page;
            > > send to pale@... <mailto:pale%40midrealm.org>
            > <pale%40midrealm.org>;
            > > $20 late fee if accepted.
            > > All ads must include:
            > > # Name of the event.
            > > # Date of the event (day, month, and Common Era year).
            > > # The time of the event: "Site opens... - Site closes..."
            > > # The name of the sponsoring group. (Incipient groups must also include
            > > your sponsoring group in the ad.)
            > > # The location (name, street address, and town) of the site.
            > > # The name (both Society and real), address and telephone number of the
            > > autocrat.
            > > # Written directions. Please do not send maps, they will not be used.
            > > # A list of all fees that are to be charged at the event.
            > >
            > > All rules, fees and required format found here:
            > > *http://www.midrealm.org/pale/midrealm_pale_ad.html
            > <http://www.midrealm.org/pale/midrealm_pale_ad.html>
            > > *
            > >
            > > Kendrick wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Sorry, I've not been keeping a good handle on thing with this whole
            > > > autocratting bit. I ditto the bad week bit, I've been a bit
            > > > preoccupied. I have finally added some rough info to the site.
            > > >
            > > > We need to get a final menu for the feast and stuff like fees hashed
            > > > out soon. As soon as Carlo can get me some info on the martial side of
            > > > things I will post it.
            > > >
            > > > I will upload the image I used for the heading banner on the event
            > site
            > > > to the files section here so that it can be used if need be.
            > > >
            > > > If I get some info I can make a basic ad modeled after the site page
            > > > easily enough. Is there any hope of getting $$ there in time for it to
            > > > make the deadline? I don't have a Pale handy to read the event listing
            > > > guidelines.
            > > >
            > > > YIS
            > > > Kendrick

          • C. E. Hughes
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 29, 2007
              I've heard no more from Vargas. I'll try to get in touch with him
              today. I would advertise that we have a large field that is suitable
              for melee activities. It might do well to post that this is an open
              field area and fighters might want to bring shade flies to set up
              small camps to ensure shade.

              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 29, 2007
                Okay, here's what I have so far. Please feel free to add or subtract....

                # Name of the event. Midsummer War on the Moor II: Conflict at the
                Crossroads
                # Date of the event (day, month, and Common Era year). July 7th, 2007
                # The time of the event: "Site opens... - Site closes..." 9am-10pm??
                # The name of the sponsoring group. (Incipient groups must also include
                your sponsoring group in the ad.) Shire of St. Carol on the Moor
                # The location (name, street address, and town) of the site.
                # The name (both Society and real), address and telephone number of the
                autocrat. Kendrick the Tinker/Jeremy Vail
                # Written directions. Please do not send maps, they will not be used.

                Taking the interstate, I-57 or I-70 North or South, it's all the same, take
                exit 162 and turn left (South) on Rt. 45. The second light will be Evergreen
                Drive, fortunately it is clearly marked. Turn right and the event site is
                down aways on the right.

                Evergreen is off of Rt. 45 North of Effingham so those taking highway can
                follow the "45N" signs through town and get there.

                # A list of all fees that are to be charged at the event Site Fee $3 (Does
                not include NMS) Feast $6. Feast limited to 50. Feast menu: On Table:
                Breads, cheese, fruit, butters. First Remove: Chicken & Barley Stew. Second
                Remove: Salad of greens. Third Remove: Marinated Beef on Rice, honeyed
                carrots. Dessert Remove: Russian Creme with berry sauce. Drinks: Water,
                lemonade. SITE IS DRY.

                Feastocrat/Dietary concerns: Olaf the Strong :
                olaf.the.strong@...217-549-2905/1220 Madison, Charleston, IL
                61920

                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 29, 2007
                  Got it - I'll list the 'address' as

                  Evergreen Park, Evergreen Drive, Effingham, Il

                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 29, 2007
                    Wait - it's actually Evergreen *Hollow* park, yes?!?

                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 29, 2007
                      http://www.effinghamil.com/visitorsbureau/recreation.cfm

                      Evergreen Hollow Park
                      W. Evergreen Ave.

                      Park hours are 5:30 am to 11:00 pm
                      Closing at 10 gives us time to clean up.
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 29, 2007
                        Address and phone in my record for our autocrat is:

                        200 E Wernsing
                        Effingham IL
                        62401
                        217-347-5129

                        Correct???
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 29, 2007
                          The "official" lable for the park is:
                          "Evergreen Hollow Park
                          West Evergreen Avenue
                          Effingham, IL 62401 "
                          I think that's the same as Jeri posted.

                          I would use the (217) 663-3467 number for me. It's the phone I carry.

                          Everything else looks good to me. I will add the additional info
                          posted here to the web site by Monday evening. Once that is done I
                          will blurb Middlebridge.

                          Thanks for carrying me on this one guys!

                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 29, 2007
                            Will do on the phone # change.
                            Will post text when finished.