Fw: Request from Cub Scout Pack 67

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 2, 2006
      Any thoughts on this, guys? Any ideas what we can do? Carlo & Jeri, you're the scouting experts...what sort of stuff do you think they will want?

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 5, 2006
        Here is what the Cub Scout folks would like us to do. It would be nice to help them out if we can. Any ideas what we could do for 20-30 minute demo? Fighting is always good, but I'm not sure if this is a suitable site, so I will ask.

        As for the knighting ceremony...how would we do that? If Myrra (and I assume Carlo) will be busy that night, there go our peers...and the only coronets we have in the group.

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 5, 2006
          I would suggest that we draw a parallel between the chivalric ideals
          (virtues and vices) and the ideals of scouting. This would make the
          concepts a bit more real to the boys and make them feel a similarity
          in the purposes of scouting...... and of course, some pieces of shiny
          armor would help.

          Explain the differences between a man at arms, a squire and a knight,
          a shortened knighting ceremony would be possible.

          Charlie

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 10, 2006
            Okay, here is the additional info from the Cub Scouts. Do you think we could make it down there by 7pm...or should we ask for them to move it to 7:30?

            47 scouts would give us 4 groups of roughly 11 each...sound workable? What stations would we like to do?

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 8, 2006
              FYI on our Cub Scout demo...how do these dates work for folks? I know it is during the run at the CAT..

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 9, 2006
                You are correct, Charlie, Brendan and I are completely unavailable Dec 2
                or 3, or any preceding day of that week.

                J M Hughes
                Charleston, IL

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 13, 2006
                  OK folks..one last time. Nov 27th? It's a Monday. I guess if we could just get "royalty" for this meeting they would be happy. I'm not sure I can make it by 7pm after getting off at 6pm...