Re: [SPAM?] Re: [stcarol] Re: Room & sewing

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 19, 2006
      I was thinking more along the lines of a home ec department where students worked on their projects...if there is a home ec department at Eastern. Or I thought maybe the dorms would have a machine tucked away that residents could check out. Anyone know?

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 20, 2006
        Hmm, I guess maybe things have changed since I took theater about two
        years ago. My professor said that there was some type of independant
        study class that you could take and sew costumes, and as long as you
        got the costumes done you were able to make your own things as well.

        And go figure, I'm an FCS major, and I forgot about the Clothing
        Construction course that my textiles professor keeps talking about. I
        would assume that they would have to have machines for that class, but
        I don't know if people not in the class can use them. I guess ask the
        department chair (Dr. Painter).

        --- In stcarol@yahoogroups.com, "Cass Strong" <tstrong@...> wrote:

        > I was thinking more along the lines of a home ec department where
        students worked on their projects...if there is a home ec department
        at Eastern. Or I thought maybe the dorms would have a machine tucked
        away that residents could check out. Anyone know?

        > Cass

        9/18/2006