College/Shire worries over!

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 19 5:11 PM
      We have had the debate in the past over our status as either a Shire or
      a College. As far as I know we never really settled anything. Well, I
      was doing some light reading and discovered on page 6 of the Corpra
      Organizational Handbook this quote:

      "The Society recognizes that the use of these terms has developed over
      time, and does not require branches which adopted any of them in a
      sense other than that described herein prior to release of the 1989
      Governing Documents to conform to the policy."

      So as I read that and understand it that as the rules were at the time
      (1982) we can indeed stay a College and maintain our territory because
      it is grandfather-claused in.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 19 5:25 PM
        I only read Corpora when I have insomnia... =)

        So we can still be a "College." Still curious as to why we are listed as the "College of the Shire of St. Carol on the Moor" in some official documents.

        Whatever THAT means.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 19 5:32 PM
          This is the way I had understood it also- our problem was that when
          Charles Oakley was Kingdom Seneschal, he insisted that we fit into
          the "right" pideon-hole. Now that he is no longer in office, we can
          assume our former identity.

          Carlo