Sunday Fun Day, meeting & cookout at the Stronghold

    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2005
      Greetings! To celebrate the wonderful warmer weather we will be hosting a cookout as well as our usual Sunday Fun Day activities on Sunday, May 8 at Cass & Olaf's.

      Fun Day activities begin at 2pm and include armoring, youth boffer fighting if any youths beside James show up, fighter training, and archery (our hay bales have arrived! Thanks to Mr. Ault!) The house will be available if anyone wants to show up for non-martial activities such as sewing...bring your projects or patterns or just bring yourself. Spontaneous belly dancing may break out at any time!

      We will fire up the grill around 5pm. Please bring your own meats to grill plus a side dish/salad/chips of some kind to share. We will provide lemonade-if you want anything stronger please bring your own. We have some chairs but extra lawn chairs are always welcome.

      Our monthly business meeting will take place sometime...maybe while we're eating, maybe later depending on who shows up & how long they can stay.

      DIRECTIONS to the Stronghold:

      (From Charleston)- Take Rt. 130 north out of town. After 5 miles you
      will see a sign that says, Fairgrange Bushton Rardin but DO NOT turn there!
      Take a RIGHT at the next road (should be 6 miles from town). The sign there
      will say Humboldt (but you will be heading toward Bushton not Humboldt) There is
      also a sign for the Bushton Christian Church. This is road 1500N. Follow 1500N
      for 1 3/4 miles. We live in a mostly red house on the right-hand side of the
      road. There are lots of trees, an old house trailer, a big white metal pole
      barn and a few falling-down red barns. If you reach Bushton you have gone TOO
      FAR, turn around and go back.

      Olaf's cell - 549-2905
      Cass' cell - 549-6523 if you get lost.

      If you want to come and need a ride please post to the list & we'll find a ride
      for you. If you are coming from farther away than Charleston, email me at tstrong@... for directions.

      Thanks all!

      Cass,
      your party-planning seneschal