Armored Easter Egg Hunt

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2006
      If you've never been to this event, let me just say that there are few things more entertaining than watching a bunch of fully armored fighters...adults...running around hunting Easter eggs!

      Cass

      The Shire of Baile na Scolairi presents:

      Awakening XX: The Sugar Coma

      Annual Armored Easter Egg Hunt and Kingdom Fighter Practice

      Saturday May 6, 2006

      Tri-Lakes Park, 2100 S. Bunn Street, Bloomington, IL. 61702 #309-829-1848

      Site opens at 9 a.m. (8:30 a.m. for Merchants) and closes at 10 p.m. Site is Bone Dry and smoking is prohibited in the building. Site is handicap accessible.

      Site Fee: $6 per person/$9 for non-members. Hearty evening meal at reasonable price. Luncheon consists of roasted meats and cheeses. Checks should be made payable to: S.C.A., Inc, Baile na Scolari. Please send all fees to THL Angelique d�Herisson.

      Merchants and A&S Displays are ALL OUTDOORS. There are no extra merchant fees, but please reserve in advance with Lady Mary Buchanan (Marilyn Mehl).

      Event Activities:

      Egg hunts for fighters and fencers with tourneys to follow. This year will also feature Archery Tourney, Youth Combat, A & S classes and A&S displays. The Spring Headdress Championship: Prizes given for Fanciest Helm of a Combatant for any Medium of fighter including youth (preferably historically accurate!). Extra points will be given for Crests (crests do not need to be battle worthy!). For non-combatants, bring out your Fanciest Headdress inspired by Spring. Hair hats count too! Check out our website for more details.

      Event Stewards:

      THL Angelique d�Herisson (Rene LeVeque) 711 E. Taylor, Bloomington, IL. 61701

      scahedgehog@... 309-829-2472 (answering machine), no calls after 10 p.m. please

      Lady Roslynn Ramsay DeWinter (Kelly Grounds) 402 E. Cedar Street, LeRoy, IL. 61752 dewinter@... 309-282-7006 (voicemail), no calls after 10 p.m. please.

      Troll:

      Lady Branwen ferch Rhodri Gwynedd (Nancy Betzler), 303 W. Union, Bloomington, IL 61701 (309) 829-0380 (voicemail), no calls after 10 p.m. please.

      Directions:

      Best Route to I-74 to west edge of Bloomington, IL. Take exit 160 Market Street, eastbound, continue about 1.5 miles to Madison Street, and turn right (south). Travel about 1 mile, during which time Madison becomes Center Street. Turn left (east) onto Lincoln and continue about .5 miles, then turn right (south) Bunn Street. The entrance to Tri-Lakes is about .7 miles, on the left (just after the railroad tracts, turn at the junk yard.)

      For Hotel Accommodations, please see our website.