Re: Knees

  • Jer
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 20, 2006
      I discovered that I cut them wrong for what I needed. The center of
      the cop is OK but the lammes are all wrong and I would basically have
      to start over on them. I was thinking it would be much easier and
      time efficient to just do 1 piece cops like Olaf's and make padded
      thigh protection. I must admit I didn't like the way the thigh
      plates I have hampered my movement either.

      Kendrick

      --- In stcarol@yahoogroups.com, "C. E. Hughes" <cehughes@...> wrote:

      > If you wear them under your fighting pants, you can strap them and
      > attach them to knee pads to assure they stay in place. If you wear
      > them on the outside you can use leather straps to attach them to
      your
      > leg armor and keep them from dropping. What is wrong with your
      articulation?

      > Carlo

    • Matthew Strong
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 20, 2006
        My knees just have one strap that goes behind the knee joint, but this doesn't do much, just holds it in to the knee. What really keeps it where it needs to be, is the catcher's gear I where underneath it all. You would definantly need to strap it to the upper leg armor to keep it from dropping down, or go with a nice street hockey/rollerblade knee pad underneath that would keep it from sliding down.

        Olaf
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 23, 2006
          The basket really looks pretty good. I think a bar across the top
          will take care of protecting the base of the thumb and hand. I have
          had to cut my ratan down to fit the hilts in the past, just don't go
          too far. I'm not sure if the open space in the pipe will give you
          vibrations or not... that is a problem I have had to fight in the
          past. You can use leather to make spacers if you get to much vibration.

          Good luck

        • C. E. Hughes
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 25, 2006
            Kendrick- are you coming tomorrow?

          • Jer
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 25, 2006
              --- In stcarol@yahoogroups.com, "C. E. Hughes" <cehughes@...> wrote:

              > Kendrick- are you coming tomorrow?

              yeah, You must have missed the post right before this one.

              :D K
            • C. E. Hughes
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 26, 2006
                Yeah-m the

                I had posted before your answer came through..... I guess I got cued
                up in the server behind you...... What do you need me to bring for you.

                Bill- do you want to try to use my armor?

                Carlo