Re: loaner garb

  • joanie_holland
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 12, 2006
      Hiya. We just decided we're going to go to Maidens - consequently,
      our first event. Is there anything special we need to wear/know? I
      still have the polyester dress I borrowed, which I'll bring back to
      you. Is there a tunic or something I could borrow? And could Bill
      also pick up the tunic he's been borrowing?

      Thanks.

      P.S. Also, is there anything special we need to know?
    • C. E. Hughes
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 12, 2006
        Cass & Olaf- I need to use the pell this Saturday. Can I pick it
        up Friday evening on the way home from work?

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 13, 2006
          Sure...stop by...just give a call on your way down so somebody will be here
          to unlock the shed...

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 13, 2006
            That's great! If you want to stop by Sunday sometime between 2pm-5pm we'll
            see what we can find for you to wear.

            As for things to know...you're already pretty well acquainted with lots of
            stuff. Bring your membership cards or a copy of the Pale with your address
            to show at troll so you don't get charged the non-member surcharge. The
            King & Queen will be there, so be sure to bow or curtsy to anyone wearing
            pretty gold crowns. If you are just going to day-trip you might want to be
            sure and stay for court, which will be sometime in the evening (before or
            after dinner is at the discretion of the Crown, but there will be
            announcements during the day.) Don't wear white or red belts or plain gold
            or silver chains, so you don't get mistaken for knights or squires.

            Watch some fighting...it will be good. See if there are any good classes
            you would like to take...I believe there might be a "SCA 101" type class
            that will help you identify the different kinds of peers, etc...show you the
            difference between a Duke and a King, etc. If you're not too pooped in the
            evening there is usually dancing and a dessert revel.

            We'll be there, and you're always welcome to hang out with us...we can
            introduce you to folks so you don't so feel so "newish."

            Mostly, have fun! Maidens is a wonderful event, and so close by...I'm glad
            you can make it!

            (HINT HINT to anyone else who has never been to an event yet! There's still
            time!)