Re: Sunday Fun Day begins this week!

  • Jeremy
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9, 2005
      *sigh* Wishing I could go, BUT.. Having worked midnights this
      weekend I doubt I will make it. If enough of the ladies are going to
      show up to make me not feel guilty for dragging Terra along I may try
      to get the family out there for a bit.

      Thanks, For the heads up on the armor too.

      Jer

      --- In stcarol@yahoogroups.com, "Cass Strong" <tstrong@c...> wrote:
      > Olaf & Cass (well, mostly Olaf) will be hosting the first Sunday
      Fun Day this week at our place north of Charleston on Sunday, April
      10th, beginning at 2pm and running until everyone is tired or leaves
      or it's dark, whichever comes first. He's planning to work on
      armoring for new fighters and a fighter practice if enough fighters
      show up. James will be here as well, so any children of boffer
      fighting age are welcome (6 years old & up) but children MUST BE
      supervised by a parent. BYO gatorade and energy snacks if you need
      them because the Ladies' Auxiliary (that's Cass) won't be there. The
      weather is supposed to be great, 75 and partly sunny, so come on over
      and welcome the spring by putting on armor!

      > DIRECTIONS: (from Charleston)- Take Rt. 130 north out of town.
      After 5 miles you will see a sign that says, Fairgrange Bushton
      Rardin but DO NOT turn there! Take a RIGHT at the next road (should
      be 6 miles from town). The sign there will say Humboldt (but you
      will be heading toward Bushton not Humboldt) There is also a sign for
      the Bushton Christian Church. This is road 1500N. Follow 1500N for 1
      3/4 miles. We live in a mostly red house on the right-hand side of
      the road. There are lots of trees, an old house trailer, a big white
      metal pole barn and a few falling-down red barns. If you reach
      Bushton you have gone TOO FAR, turn around and go back.

      > Olaf's cell - 549-2905 if you get lost.
      >
      > If you want to come and need a ride please post to the list & we'll
      find a ride for you. If you're planning on coming, please post to
      the list and let us know.

      > Thanks!
      > Cass

    • William Hay
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9, 2005
        Hi Jeremy,
        Our family have other obligations this weekend, my daughter is in St. Louis, I am working, etc. I know Cass will be on stage, and also Myrra. I do not know who else might show up later but this first Sunday may be a bit slim on the ladies of the group.
        I hope you can catch up on your sleep schedule, midnights can be rough on the worker and on the family!
        Best wishes!
        Gelis/Kathy