Aid info

  • Jeremy
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2005
      I sent an email to the guy running the Supply Run relief effort.
      Here is his email:

      "Greetings, Jeremy!

      So, where is St. Carol on the Moor?

      When you have collected your (non-group) funds, please do this: Buy
      a gift card for a gas station, Wal-Mart, Lowe's or the like. Then
      send it to me. We will use these to either fuel the drivers on the
      supply runs, or buy the stuff our folks need. My address is: Eric
      Francis, 3322 Lamar St., Little Rock, Ark. 72205.

      My thanks to you and the generous people of your shire!

      In service,

      Peregrine Fairchylde"

      Eric Francis <squirrelhenge AT yahoo DOT com>

      So this is a solution to helping SCA people directly. We plan to
      send some $$ as well as a posible Red Cross donation to help victims
      in general.

      There is also a drive underway for SCA related items that will not be
      covered by any conventional aid organization. I am sure that we
      have, or can make, a few things to add to the cause. I know I plan
      to at least throw a set or two of my feast utinsiles in and possibly
      try to finish that flat top helm to donate to a fighter in need.

      If anyone wants please feel free to get ahold of me about these
      things and I will do my best to take care of everything I can, paying
      postage, coordinating, storing items, or whatever is needed.

      Jer
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2005
        Wow. Amazing all the help people are offering. Makes me glad to be part of
        such a "community."

        As we are kind of short on cash right now I would prefer to make a more
        tangible donation of SCA stuff...probably at a later date, after folks get
        back in some sort of order down there...I have spare feast gear, might round
        up some garb...maybe we could get together a box of this kind of stuff to
        send from the shire as a whole. What do you think?

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2005
          Yes, I'm sure we've got some spare gear around our house (stop laughing!)

          We could also do a "Kirtle & Tunic Day" - bring out the battery of sewing
          machines and put together basic tunics and gowns in a variety of sizes
          (don't forget the children).

          Charleston, IL 61920

          _____

          >I sent an email to the guy running the Supply Run relief effort.
          > Here is his email:
          >
          > "Greetings, Jeremy!
          >
          > So, where is St. Carol on the Moor?
          >
          > When you have collected your (non-group) funds, please do this: Buy
          > a gift card for a gas station, Wal-Mart, Lowe's or the like. Then
          > send it to me. We will use these to either fuel the drivers on the
          > supply runs, or buy the stuff our folks need. My address is: Eric
          > Francis, 3322 Lamar St., Little Rock, Ark. 72205.
          >
          > My thanks to you and the generous people of your shire!
          >
          > In service,
          >
          > Peregrine Fairchylde"
          >
          > Eric Francis <squirrelhenge AT yahoo DOT com>
          >
          > So this is a solution to helping SCA people directly. We plan to
          > send some $$ as well as a posible Red Cross donation to help victims
          > in general.
          >

          > There is also a drive underway for SCA related items that will not be
          > covered by any conventional aid organization. I am sure that we
          > have, or can make, a few things to add to the cause. I know I plan
          > to at least throw a set or two of my feast utinsiles in and possibly
          > try to finish that flat top helm to donate to a fighter in need.
          >
          > If anyone wants please feel free to get ahold of me about these
          > things and I will do my best to take care of everything I can, paying
          > postage, coordinating, storing items, or whatever is needed.
          >
          > Jer
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >

          > --

          Medieval
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Medieval+costume&w1=Medieval+costume&w2
          =Medieval+knights&c=2&s=44&.sig=D5EAwR_Q0tHbp2pf366QBw> costume

          Medieval
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Medieval+knights&w1=Medieval+costume&w2
          =Medieval+knights&c=2&s=44&.sig=8xxuC7FKZSJw_HSQ-a3Yiw> knights

          _____

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          on the web.

          _____

        • Jeremy
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2005
            We are planning on throwing a few dollars onto a card to send to
            Peregrine to help with the SCAdian relief effort. If anyone else
            would like to add to the amount (we are thinking of $20) even $5 or
            whatever and make it a donation from the shire as a whole let me
            know. We can, if desired, cover the funds short term to get it sent
            sooner and get the money after the fact at the Pot luck or next Fun-
            Day. Drop me a line if you want to add an amount to the pool.

            Jer