Re: [stcarol] Fw: Question: re: Settlement

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 6, 2012
      Thank you once again, Caitriona.

      Your promptness in getting the most recent information to our members is
      appreciated.

      My initial concern was that we all not be so reactionary that the
      Kingdom Officers would not be given the time to determine their
      preferred method of collecting the funds in an orderly manner.

      This issue has been a thorn in the side of the Society for too many
      years. I am pleased that we have Tom in his current position to oversee
      the closure of this part of issue and to direct the future actions to
      hold our insurers to the terms of their coverage. In my opinion, his
      corporate and administrative experiences serves us well.

      After revisiting the Q&A statement from the BoD it appears we just wait
      for our Monarchs and Curia to notify us as to the preferred method to
      meet our assessment.

      /In general, how will the contribution of funds work? /

      Each Kingdom will send to the Corporate Office an amount equal to 18% of
      all monies in the checking accounts of all branches within that Kingdom
      as of *_the last relevant financial report filed by the branches_* and
      Kingdoms. Each Kingdom will have discretion in determining how it will
      collect the funds internally, from each of its branches.

      //

      //

      /Does each branch have to contribute the same amount? What if another
      branch holds a branch’s money such as a Barony holding funds for a Canton? /

      Each Kingdom will be required to contribute the same percentage of the
      combined total cash assets of each of its branches as of the last
      relevant financial report filed by the branches and Kingdoms. *_Each
      Kingdom will be given great flexibility in how it raises this amount
      from the branches under its authority._* *_Your Monarchs, Seneschal and
      Exchequer will make the determination of how the gathering of funds will
      be handled within your Kingdom_*, and the Corporate Treasurer and
      Society Exchequer will work with each Kingdom to facilitate the
      gathering of the funds.

      //

      //

      I am sure the details will come to us soon.

      Carlo.

      On 2/6/2012 1:40 PM, Caitriona MacDhonnachaidh wrote:

      > According to Sean O'Shaughnessy (Pres, SCA Inc.),
      >
      > "It is 18% of the cash on hand in the banks and CD’s as of the latest
      > financial reports received by the Corporate treasurer."
      >
      > So, I would believe that would be reflected in the most recent report
      > sent to Kingdom by your Exchequer, therefore the January 31, 2012
      > report. That being said, please, absolutely feel free to consult with
      > KExch for the "horse's mouth" version.
      >
      > Caitriona
      > Midlands

    • Jeri Matteson-Hughes
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 6, 2012
        FYI -Currently trading emails with Eric Shirley (Midlands Exchequer) who has correctly pointed out that “they” haven’t told us yet how the kingdom will be handling this.

        Let’s everybody take a deep breath and just wait until the bosses make a formal announcement, OK. No check writing, yet.

        Charleston IL 61920