Re: Moot ideas

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 4, 2011
      After some direct conversation it's been decided that the organization is too lacking for us to pull off a meeting on Labor Day. I hadn't sent any confirmation out to the people who had expressed interest yet anyhow. The other problem we have is that I have been reminded of a prior commitment we had for the 11th.

      So I'm not sure what things look like for that day either.
    • Matthew Strong
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 4, 2011
        Just got home from the park a few minutes ago. :(

        Olaf

        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 4, 2011
          You may not want to show up for the one tomorrow either, Olaf.

          However, we do need to plan for next Sunday. I will try to make
          reservations so we will have a pavilion.

          If I reserve from noon til six will that be enough time?

          I suggest the shire spring for meat. Any suggestions.....hamb & hot
          dogs?....... rib eyes?.....roast a pig?.....BBQ.....Italian beef.....?

          Sorry, Olaf. I thought we had the rest of today to let people know.....
          but if you have left over russian cream I might be able to help you.....lol.

          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 4, 2011
            ......and I just read Kendricks post about conflicts on the 11th.

            We could maybe try Saturday the 10th.

            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 6, 2011
              OK I got things hammered out more on what was going on this weekend. We can't do it Saturday because I am teaching a class at "For Hands" in Shattered Crystal.

              Sunday we will have Roana's husband captive but he is able to ride along for the moot after all.

              It turns out that Roana is wanting to have a meeting for Crown. I know Jeri had said something similar. But with me working evenings, and the next 2 weekends after this one my timeslots are limited.

              So what the working plan is for Sunday Sept.11th at the moment is doing the demo/moot early in the afternoon and then having a meeting later in Champaign at Roana's house.

              So Moot at 1PM to 2:30/3-ish Meeting in Champaign at 5PM at Roana's house.

              Is this doable? I hope so.

              Kendrick
            • Matthew Strong
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 6, 2011
                Sounds good to me. We gonna do the usual at Ro-n-Max's? Bring meat and a
                dish to pass for eats? or going out?

                Olaf

                On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 10:45 AM, kendrick_the_tinker <jervamp@...>wrote:

                > **
                >

                > OK I got things hammered out more on what was going on this weekend. We
                > can't do it Saturday because I am teaching a class at "For Hands" in
                > Shattered Crystal.
                >
                > Sunday we will have Roana's husband captive but he is able to ride along
                > for the moot after all.
                >
                > It turns out that Roana is wanting to have a meeting for Crown. I know Jeri
                > had said something similar. But with me working evenings, and the next 2
                > weekends after this one my timeslots are limited.
                >
                > So what the working plan is for Sunday Sept.11th at the moment is doing the
                > demo/moot early in the afternoon and then having a meeting later in
                > Champaign at Roana's house.
                >
                > So Moot at 1PM to 2:30/3-ish Meeting in Champaign at 5PM at Roana's house.
                >
                > Is this doable? I hope so.

              • Jeri Matteson-Hughes
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 7, 2011
                  OK = where's the Demo - Morton Park?
                  Yes, what's the plan for food in Chambana?

                  Charleston IL 61920

                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 7, 2011
                    I'll make an attempt at a total overview here:

                    Demo- Sunday Sept 11th at Morton park. (Probably be best to be on the east end so we can work under a pavilion if the weather is bad)
                    At 1:00 PM until interest wanes or 2:30PM.
                    Joint meeting at Roana's house in Champaign with Pot-Luck dinner plan at 5 PM. I can never remember her address but can get directions to those who need them.

                    -Kendrick