Re: Moot ideas

    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 31 7:20 PM
      *bump*
      ???

      > We need to have a gathering or 2 in the coming weeks.
      >
      > I propose we do something Labor day afternoon in the park around 2. Nothing long and drawn out, a couple of combat demos and some A&S show and tell.
      > Then Again on Sunday Sept 11th. Possibly trying to get a pavilion and cook out for diner if desired.
      >
      > Thoughts?
      >
      > Y.i.S.
      > Kendrick

    • Matthew Strong
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 1, 2011
        I'm available for whatever as far as I know.

        Olaf

        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 1, 2011
          Yes, ok, w/ me - don't know why anyone else (other than Matt) has
          commented...

          Jeri / J M Hughes

          On 8/31/11 9:20 PM, kendrick_the_tinker wrote:

          > *bump*
          > ???
          >

          > > We need to have a gathering or 2 in the coming weeks.
          > >
          > > I propose we do something Labor day afternoon in the park around 2.
          > Nothing long and drawn out, a couple of combat demos and some A&S show
          > and tell.
          > > Then Again on Sunday Sept 11th. Possibly trying to get a pavilion
          > and cook out for diner if desired.
          > >
          > > Thoughts?
          > >
          > > Y.i.S.
          > > Kendrick

        • Deborah Murphy Kerr
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 1, 2011
            Sorry - I meant to reply to this and got sidetracked. We will be away for Labor Day weekend, visiting the families of two of Gaylen's squires.
            If you have a Labor Day gathering for St. Carol, I hope the weather is pleasant.
            Medb

            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 2, 2011
              On 8/31/2011 9:20 PM, kendrick_the_tinker wrote:
              Have we decided anything? I need to schedule some evening activities
              around our decisions.

              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011
                I was thinking something like Meet at 2PM until 3-4 ish or until we are done, depending upon turnout.

                Will that be OK?

                -K

                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011
                  I did not think to get a reservation so space may be at a premium on the
                  holiday.

                  We can probably find a spot with a grill and tables but I would not
                  count on electric service.

                  What Kind of meat do we want? ..... for how many?

                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 3, 2011
                    I wasn't going to try and do a cookout this weekend unless that's what everyone else wants. I figured we could do that on the 11th.

                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 4, 2011
                      After some direct conversation it's been decided that the organization is too lacking for us to pull off a meeting on Labor Day. I hadn't sent any confirmation out to the people who had expressed interest yet anyhow. The other problem we have is that I have been reminded of a prior commitment we had for the 11th.

                      So I'm not sure what things look like for that day either.
                    • Matthew Strong
                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 4, 2011
                        Just got home from the park a few minutes ago. :(

                        Olaf

                        Message 11 of 17 , Sep 4, 2011
                          You may not want to show up for the one tomorrow either, Olaf.

                          However, we do need to plan for next Sunday. I will try to make
                          reservations so we will have a pavilion.

                          If I reserve from noon til six will that be enough time?

                          I suggest the shire spring for meat. Any suggestions.....hamb & hot
                          dogs?....... rib eyes?.....roast a pig?.....BBQ.....Italian beef.....?

                          Sorry, Olaf. I thought we had the rest of today to let people know.....
                          but if you have left over russian cream I might be able to help you.....lol.

                          Message 12 of 17 , Sep 4, 2011
                            ......and I just read Kendricks post about conflicts on the 11th.

                            We could maybe try Saturday the 10th.

                            Message 13 of 17 , Sep 6, 2011
                              OK I got things hammered out more on what was going on this weekend. We can't do it Saturday because I am teaching a class at "For Hands" in Shattered Crystal.

                              Sunday we will have Roana's husband captive but he is able to ride along for the moot after all.

                              It turns out that Roana is wanting to have a meeting for Crown. I know Jeri had said something similar. But with me working evenings, and the next 2 weekends after this one my timeslots are limited.

                              So what the working plan is for Sunday Sept.11th at the moment is doing the demo/moot early in the afternoon and then having a meeting later in Champaign at Roana's house.

                              So Moot at 1PM to 2:30/3-ish Meeting in Champaign at 5PM at Roana's house.

                              Is this doable? I hope so.

                              Kendrick
                            • Matthew Strong
                              Message 14 of 17 , Sep 6, 2011
                                Sounds good to me. We gonna do the usual at Ro-n-Max's? Bring meat and a
                                dish to pass for eats? or going out?

                                Olaf

                                On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 10:45 AM, kendrick_the_tinker <jervamp@...>wrote:

                                > **
                                >

                                > OK I got things hammered out more on what was going on this weekend. We
                                > can't do it Saturday because I am teaching a class at "For Hands" in
                                > Shattered Crystal.
                                >
                                > Sunday we will have Roana's husband captive but he is able to ride along
                                > for the moot after all.
                                >
                                > It turns out that Roana is wanting to have a meeting for Crown. I know Jeri
                                > had said something similar. But with me working evenings, and the next 2
                                > weekends after this one my timeslots are limited.
                                >
                                > So what the working plan is for Sunday Sept.11th at the moment is doing the
                                > demo/moot early in the afternoon and then having a meeting later in
                                > Champaign at Roana's house.
                                >
                                > So Moot at 1PM to 2:30/3-ish Meeting in Champaign at 5PM at Roana's house.
                                >
                                > Is this doable? I hope so.

                              • Jeri Matteson-Hughes
                                Message 15 of 17 , Sep 7, 2011
                                  OK = where's the Demo - Morton Park?
                                  Yes, what's the plan for food in Chambana?

                                  Charleston IL 61920

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Sep 7, 2011
                                    I'll make an attempt at a total overview here:

                                    Demo- Sunday Sept 11th at Morton park. (Probably be best to be on the east end so we can work under a pavilion if the weather is bad)
                                    At 1:00 PM until interest wanes or 2:30PM.
                                    Joint meeting at Roana's house in Champaign with Pot-Luck dinner plan at 5 PM. I can never remember her address but can get directions to those who need them.

                                    -Kendrick