Fall Demo reminder/announcement

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 20, 2010
      Here is the copy I am sending to the papers. I hope everyone can try to make it. Please post here or email me so I have an idea of who all I can expect to come down.

      I will get at least some of our list materials following the Wurm-Wald event and plan to be at the mall at 10/10:30-ish to start setting up. I may see about getting in the day before also. More news on that to come.

      Do you dream of being an armored knight locked in combat armed with sword and shield or a dashing swordsman wielding a rapier in a duel? Come realize your dream with the Society for Creative Anachronism, an international not-for-profit living history organization dedicated to bringing the Middle Ages and Renaissance to life through research and reenactment

      The Society for Creative Anachronism, Shire of St. Carol on the Moor will be holding a free public demo in the former Dollar General space at the Village Square Mall.
      (Village Square Mall South Route 45 Effingham, IL 62401)
      When: September 25th from Noon til 4 PM
      For more information contact Jeremy Vail email: jervamp@... or by Phone:(217)663-3467

      www.stcarolonthemoor.org
      www.midrealm.org
      www.sca.org
    • twilight_bewitching
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 20, 2010
        I am off work that day, so I have the whole day free if I can help in anyway. I don't know much about the SCA, but I can always help with the heavy lifting if nothing else.
      • Deborah Murphy Kerr
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 20, 2010
          If my friend's childbirth and delivery goes according to schedule, I should be available to take part in the demo that weekend. Of course, where birthin' babies is concerned, nothing is written in stone. Let's assume I'll be there, though. Shall I bring needlework? Furniture? (I have a repro of a Savanarola chair - not period for my persona, but it looks good.) Feast gear? Heraldry? What sort of cool stuff would we like to display or demonstrate?

          Medb

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 20, 2010
            I will plan on bringing instruments. I can ask if any of our consort
            members would want to come along.... it would be nice to have live
            music. They are not SCA members but might welcome the chance to play.