Proposal for a Gathering

    Message 1 of 11 , May 11, 2010
      Looking at our schedules, June 12th looks to be the best bet for a Shire Social for us.

      My thoughts are gathering in Morton Park, Charleston. (2-ish?) Invites going out to at least Wurm-Wald and the Perdues at least. We can extend the invite wider if consensus says so.

      Fighting on standard SCA fighter time until we stop.
      A period preferred but not required pot-luck when the hungry mobs demand food. Anything Shire provided?

      I would like to try and have some A&S represented.

      Anything else?

      Message 2 of 11 , May 12, 2010
        We have a wedding that morning in Kansas, IL, but I believe we can
        saunter over sometime after 2-ish.

        Jeri / J M Hughes

        On 5/11/10 8:13 PM, kendrick_the_tinker wrote:

        > Looking at our schedules, June 12th looks to be the best bet for a
        > Shire Social for us.
        >
        > My thoughts are gathering in Morton Park, Charleston. (2-ish?) Invites
        > going out to at least Wurm-Wald and the Perdues at least. We can
        > extend the invite wider if consensus says so.
        >
        > Fighting on standard SCA fighter time until we stop.
        > A period preferred but not required pot-luck when the hungry mobs
        > demand food. Anything Shire provided?
        >
        > I would like to try and have some A&S represented.
        >
        > Anything else?

      • Matthew Strong
        Message 3 of 11 , May 12, 2010
          My weekends in June are pretty much open atm.

          Olaf

          Message 4 of 11 , May 14, 2010
            So far it sounds like June 12th is OK. I would like for more people to chime in, though.

            I intend to at least invite the folks south in the unclaimed territory and Wurm-Wald.

            Other possibilities to invite would be Shattered Crystal and Baile.
            Any opinions?

            Kendrick
          • rainbow_stone_talker
            Message 5 of 11 , May 14, 2010
              Here's my chime.

              I'm interested, but can't commit to the 12th just yet. My daughter lives out of state, and may be home that weekend. I've not seen her since Christmas, so this is exciting. Hopefully she will be here, and she will want to come along with me, as this is right up her street, too. But until I know her movements for certain, I cannot commit to anything. Thanks for understanding.

              Blessings,
              rainbow

              --- In stcarol@yahoogroups.com, "kendrick_the_tinker" <jervamp@...> wrote:

              > So far it sounds like June 12th is OK. I would like for more people to chime in, though.
              >
              > I intend to at least invite the folks south in the unclaimed territory and Wurm-Wald.
              >
              > Other possibilities to invite would be Shattered Crystal and Baile.
              > Any opinions?
              >
              > Kendrick

            • Deborah Murphy Kerr
              Message 6 of 11 , May 14, 2010
                Re: Shattered Crystal and Baile - it never hurts to ask. There may be some interested folks in Shattered Crystal, especially since there are no very nearby events that weekend. I know some of them have come up for St. Carol potluck/practices in the past. If you contact, Baroness Rowan, she is usually good about passing information like this along to those in Shattered Crystal who might like to join us.

                Also, I happened to run into another long-ago former St. Carolian, Diantha Long (ska Bebhinn), about a month ago. I don't know whether she would attend, but she might like to be invited. She doesn't have internet access: 217-345-4710.

                It may have already been mentioned and I just wasn't paying attention, but is this to be a "garbed" party? I'm assuming it is.

                Medb

                Message 7 of 11 , May 15, 2010
                  > Also, I happened to run into another long-ago former St. Carolian, Diantha Long (ska Bebhinn), about a month ago. I don't know whether she would attend, but she might like to be invited. She doesn't have internet access: 217-345-4710.
                  >
                  > It may have already been mentioned and I just wasn't paying attention, but is this to be a "garbed" party? I'm assuming it is.
                  >
                  > Medb

                  Cool, I imagine I'll see Rowan this morning. I'll mention it to her then. Would someone who knows Diantha better like to give her a call? I've only met her a couple of times and don't know her habits ect.

                  As far as garb, I'm leaning towards a "garb would be nice but we still love you without" policy.

                  Kendrick
                • Deborah Murphy Kerr
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 15, 2010
                    I'll be glad to call Diantha. I'm battling allergies right now and sound like death warmed over, but as soon as I have a voice again, I'll give her a call.
                    Medb

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 1, 2010
                      I created a Facebook event for the Picnic and sent out invites to those I have friended.

                      Some Wurm-Wald folks have expressed an intent to make the trip down.

                      Can I get one of the residents of Charleston to try and reserve us a pavilion for that day\time? (If no one has yet.)

                      Are we going to go straight pot-luck or does the majority wish to have *something* provided by the shire?

                      I will throw in mix for some Gator-aid. Does anyone know where the cooler is so I can get it cleaned and ready to use?

                      Are there any details I am missing beside hiring a mad scientist with a weather control machine?

                      Kendrick
                    • Matthew Strong
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 1, 2010
                        I have a big orange gatorade drink cooler.

                        Olaf

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 4, 2010
                          Pavilion reserved.
                          We have the small round at the west end of the park 2 pm to later.

                          Jeri