Rites of Spring

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2010
      Forwarded:

      Good people of the Midlands,

      We have probably all seen people at events that sit on the sidelines largely unnoticed, or hover at the edges of activities, but don't join in. Perhaps these people are brand new to the Society, and so don't really understand what's going on or know where their interests lie. Perhaps they have been in the Society for a short while, are interested in some activities, but don't know how to get involved. Perhaps they have been in the Society for years, but are too shy to join in. I like to think of these people as "Hidden Pearls", because their fabulous worth is tightly hidden away, shown only to a very few, if any. Lady Stefania Lukesa Verianti, who we lost to cancer last year, was one of these people, and in her memory, I will be hosting the Gallery of Hidden Pearls at the armored combat tournament at Rites of Spring this year.

      The Gallery of Hidden Pearls will be a pavilion set up beside the list field where we will gather together to watch the armored combat tournament. The purpose of this gallery is to provide an opportunity for these Hidden Pearls to be included in the fun. Let me be clear that no spectacle will be made of those who participate. The only things expected of the gallery members will be to sit back, relax, eat some snacks, and enjoy the afternoon with me.

      Since it is unlikely by their very nature that most Hidden Pearls will join in on their own, I am in need your help. If you know of someone who would enjoy this opportunity, please tender an invitation in my name. If they accept, I ask that you send me an email at baronowa@ameritech. net with their name and (if possible) email address, so that I know how many guests to prepare for. I would also ask that if at all possible you bring them to the gallery or at least point them out to me on the day, so that nerves don't end up getting in the way of their participation.

      Now, don't think that someone else has to issue you an invitation. If you are a Hidden Pearl and would like to participate, please feel free. I just ask, again, that you send me an email so that I can get a count ahead of time.

      I hope that together we can make this day enjoyable for everyone, and in doing so, honor the memory of a wonderful lady.

      Kindest regards,
      Baronowa Alzbeta, Illiton