Re: [stcarol] Re: Weekend of Oct 11-12

    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 30, 2008
      We are good on the 11th, afternoon or whenever.

      Cass & Olaf

      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 7, 2008
        What should our start time be?

        I'm not sure how long rehearsals run.

        It looks like the weather should be cooperative for a change. Is
        there an opinion on shire sponsored meat?

        Our planned contributions are deviled eggs and 7-layer salad.

        The other question would be garb and/or armor?

        Kendrick :)

        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 7, 2008
          I say yes to shire sponsored meat...maybe from that meat market close
          to you guys?

          We will bring our famous cheesy taters in the crockpot and maybe a dessert.

          Do we have a WHERE for this happening?

          I would say armor yes, garb no...unless we are at a park or some place public.

          Lady Cass & her Viking lord (and probably their teenager)

          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 7, 2008
            We'll be rehearsing from 1 to more than likely after 3, which means we
            won't get home until after 3:30, which means we won't get our stuff in
            hand and out of the house until decidedly after 4, if we're lucky (ha),
            which means you'll not see us until after 5. So plan what you want,
            have fun and we'll see you when we get there, wherever 'there' is...
            I'll make something. Preferences? Veggie whatever? More dessert? Watt?

            Charleston, IL

            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 7, 2008
              > Do we have a WHERE for this happening?

              Sorry, My thought was the park where we usually meet. I never
              thought about the reserving of a pavilion. I blame either 3rd shift
              or too many hits to the head.
              Think we can get away with just storming the park?

              As far as what else to bring, I don't know. We'll have meat, salad,
              deviled eggs and cheesy taters. (And maybe a desert.) We'll probably
              bring some kool-aid too.

              I knew I was forgetting something,
              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 7, 2008
                > Think we can get away with just storming the park?

                I just looked and I guess they don't do pavilion reservations after
                Sept 30th anyhow. STORM THE CASTLE!!!!!

                :)
                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 7, 2008
                  "Park where we usually meet" = the park where we had the July
                  event/shire picnic?

                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 7, 2008
                    Or the park in Charleston? Effingham would be more central for our
                    new friends in Olney...and Savaric & Co if they are coming too.

                    Cas =)

                    Message 9 of 18 , Oct 8, 2008
                      Per a conversation with Kendrick this morning, I believe the fun will be
                      held at Kendrick and Caitrina's backyard (house) in Effingham.

                      Myrra

                      J M Hughes
                      Charleston, IL

                      Message 10 of 18 , Oct 8, 2008
                        > Per a conversation with Kendrick this morning, I believe the fun
                        will be
                        > held at Kendrick and Caitrina's backyard (house) in Effingham.
                        >
                        > Myrra
                        >
                        > J M Hughes
                        > Charleston, IL

                        Yup Yup!

                        The (hopefully) "Final Plan" is for things to be at our house so no
                        garb needed. For the sake of the Olney crew we are looking at a
                        starting time of 2PM for fighting and/or armor work. I will have the
                        shop ready to take on projects. Food will be aimed at about 6PM and
                        we can visit until we are all sick of each other.

                        Message 11 of 18 , Oct 8, 2008
                          hey, hey! Works for me! :)

                          J M Hughes
                          Charleston, IL

                          Message 12 of 18 , Oct 8, 2008
                            Thanks to Jeremy & Caitrina.

                            Carlo

                            Message 13 of 18 , Oct 8, 2008
                              Sounds good. We will be there. Nothing's more fun than blackening meat
                              and hitting other people with sticks!

                              Cass =)

                              Message 14 of 18 , Oct 9, 2008
                                OK,

                                The gathering this weekend is hereby canceled due to events that I am
                                sure everyone is aware of at this point. Sorry for the mess. I'm
                                not crazy. Really, trust me. *twitch*

                                I am forwarding the plans for the gathering that was planned for
                                Sunday in Olney by that group for anyone interested.

                                "I want to extend an invitation to all for another work day to be held
                                this Sunday starting around noon at my house. Please feel free to
                                extend the invitation to others not on this list.

                                1030 W. Main St. ( 2 blocks west of CVS, we are across from Faith Oil
                                company)

                                All children welcome. :) We do own 3 inside dogs but will put them up
                                if they are a problem for anyone.

                                Savaric plans to make a permanent pell in the backyard and thought
                                others might want to join him for some sword and shield type of drills
                                and training."

                                Kendrick
                              • Debbie Palmer
                                Message 15 of 18 , Oct 10, 2008
                                  The boys and I will be there. Per Jocelyn's request, I'll have scribal stuff with me if anyone is interested.

                                  Tangwystl

                                  Debbie Palmer
                                  dkpalmer1969@...
                                  My online art gallery: