Re: Welcome to new to the are SCAdians and shall we do with ourselves this fall

  • lapalmer1969
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2008
      Demos would definitely be the way to go to getting new people. Doing
      some demos around the group`s area would help everyone out if we can
      all support one another with our local areas. Having more people in
      my local area would help out around here.

      --- In stcarol@yahoogroups.com, "Kendrick" <jervamp@...> wrote:
      > Greetings,
      > I thought I would throw my welcome on the pile for the newcomers to
      > the list! We live in Effingham so we aren't too far up the road
      > you guys. There is another SCAdian family we are friends with in
      > Olney, too. They haven't been able to play for a little while,
      > though. We'll have to get you guys all in touch.
      > There has been discussion of us trying to hold a demo sometime in
      > near future. At the moment discussion has been slow because we've
      > been short enough on people it would be hard to put together a good
      > Maybe with more people in the area we can get some things rolling.
      > Cheers and well met,
      > Kendrick
    • desiree wright
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2008
        Michelle Jenkins (aka Sorcha or Lunachic). She's in Greenville. Not originally from there and took a break with her 2 kids.

        lapalmer1969 <lapalmer1969@...> wrote: Good to meet you, we should all get together here soon and see what
        we can come up with. I originally started the SCA in NC, who is the
        person you know in NC, maybe we know them too.

        --- In stcarol@yahoogroups.com, desiree wright <dnw826@...> wrote:
        > Hello! I don't know if I introduced myself when I joined recently,
        I have been very busy moving! I also live in Olney, but I'm from
        Charleston originally. I love making costumes and I love history. I
        have a friend back in NC where we lived that was big into SCA and I
        have wanted to join for awhile. I am a newbie, though, so be
        gentle. ;)
        Hi, thanks for the quick welcome. Here is a little about us: