1586Artisans Fundraiser Auction at Pennsic

  • Caitriona MacDhonnachaidh
    Apr 2, 2012
      Forwarded!

      Unto the gifted artisans of the Knowne World, Greetings!

      We are
      seeking artists from all Kingdoms to participate in a fundraising
      auction to benefit the Society at large. In these troubled financial
      times the Kingdom of the East will host an ambitious fundraiser during
      the Great Pennsic War. It is to be a magnificent gala and art auction
      featuring the most ambitious work you would be willing to donate to this
      worthy cause. The date and time has yet to be decided but it will
      definitely take place after the Pennsic arts and sciences exhibit so you
      will still be able to display them to the populace.

      Donated
      items will be completed pieces only. Works in progress or promissory
      will not be accepted due to the large geographic area represented by the
      populace. Per state and Federal Law, alcohol will not be allowed to be
      auctioned but have no fear brewers and vintners! We will gladly accept
      donations of drink (and food from the cooks) to refresh the guests and
      lubricate their "uh" wallets. If we have too many pieces to auction in
      one evening, we reserve the right to put smaller pieces into a Chinese
      auction which will allow greater proceeds through the sale of raffle
      tickets.

      The proceeds will be divided thusly. Each artist will
      declare for their own Kingdom. A record will be kept of the amount each
      piece sells for (or the amount earned by raffle tickets). Half of the
      proceeds from each piece will go to the artist's Kingdom and half will
      go to Society Corporate. The use of your Kingdom's portion will be
      decided entirely by your Majesties and their officers.

      Start
      planning now! Attempt a work that will be renowned as being the most
      sought after piece of the year! This should be a great event and a
      wonderful chance to raise funds for our Society. Please contact us if
      you are interested in participating and we will send you a registry form
      or answer any questions you might have.
      kerryl AT maine.rr DOT com

      Yours in Service,
      Mistress Carolyne de LaPointe and Master Julien de LaPointe