      From: Debbie Palmer <dkpalmer1969@...>
      Subject: Re: [stcarol] Olney day in the park rescheduled to this weekend
      To: stcarol@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, March 31, 2009, 1:43 PM

      I'll be there.

      Debbie Palmer

      dkpalmer1969@ yahoo.com

      My online art gallery:

      http://dkpalmer. deviantart. com

      In the S.C.A.:

      Lady Tangwystl verch Gruffydd ap Cynan

      Scribe in the Midlands, Middle Kingdom

      --- On Tue, 3/31/09, lewis palmer <lapalmer1969@ yahoo.com> wrote:

      From: lewis palmer <lapalmer1969@ yahoo.com>

      To: stcarol@yahoogroups .com

      Date: Tuesday, March 31, 2009, 11:33 AM

      Our group spoke last night about the possibility of holding the park gathering this weekend since there are no local events going on. One of our members has a birthday party to go to Saturday so we decided Sunday would be better to do something here. While I know we cannot accommodate everyone, this seems like the best possibility to host this.

      Sunday`s weather calls for a possibility of showers and once again, if it is raining or appears as though it is going to we`ll call it off for another weekend. March and April will be hit and miss with good weather so we`ll have to play it by ear.

      We invite everyone once again to join us and ask that everyone try to bring some sort of food or drink to contribute to the day, but it is not necessary if you are unable to.

      We will plan to have hot dogs, salsa and chips as well as some drinks. I`m sure there will be more food as this comes together.

      We have use of a covered pavilion with electricity and will have the ability to play CDs if people want to bring some period music. I`m sure some people can be coaxed into dancing as there will be plenty of space for it.

      If you have any questions feel free to ask. I will keep the list updated the same as last time with how things are looking. We will plan to start by 1pm Sunday but I will be there by 11am to start setting up for anyone coming down early. I will try to have SCA signs at the Fairground entrance directing you to us. We will be under the large white pavilion, there are three together and can be seen from the road.

      Artisans are encouraged to bring their work to show off and even work on while the day goes on. We will have several newcomers stopping by to see what we do.

      We will be setting up tables to give a tavern feel to the pavilion, complete with period games and decor so feel free to bring anything to display or add to the atmoshere.

      We ask that people plan to come in garb, even though this is not an official event or demo, we want to show the public our best.

      Keep you fingers crossed for good weather,