Call for Papers: Int. Workshop

  • Philipp Pluch
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2003
      Dear colleague,

      We are organizing the INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP

      StatGIS 2003 - Interfacing (Geo)Statistics, GIS and Spatial Data Bases
      Sept. 29 - Oct. 1, 2003
      Poertschach, Austria.

      Main sections of the workshop

      *Geostatistics: Theory and New Methods
      Methods of statistical learning theory, Bayes methods, spatial prediction
      and risk analysis, spatial sampling and monitoring network design etc.
      Conveners: W. G. Müller, J. Pilz

      *Combining Statistics and GIS
      Interfaces between (geo-)statistics and GIS, integration of geostatistics
      and GIS, mutual benefits, statistical problems of error propagation and
      uncertainty in GIS, etc.
      Conveners: R. Bivand, G. Dubois

      *Geostatistical Applications
      Application of geostatistical methods in the Earth and Environmental
      Sciences, in Agriculture and Forestry, Epidemiology and Health Sciences,
      Econometrics and Telecommunications
      Conveners: H. Glass, M. Kanevsky

      *Spatial Data Bases and Mapping
      Interfaces between (geo-)statistical software systems, spatial database
      management systems and visualization and mapping software systems
      Conveners: V. Gomez, B. Rowlingson

      *Geostatistical Software Developments
      New implementations of geostatistical methodology in R, S-Plus, SAS, SPSS
      and other statistical software systems
      Conveners: E. Pebesma, P. Ribeiro

      Detailed information can be found at

      http://www-stat.uni-klu.ac.at/Tagungen/StatGIS-03/

      We invite you to contribute papers to the above mentioned sections.

      Deadline for submission of abstracts: August 1, 2003
      Notification of acceptance: August 15, 2003

      For further questions and correspondence please reply to
      statgis03@...

      On behalf of the Programme Committee and Local Organizing Committee,

      Philipp Pluch

      --
      Philipp Pluch
      mailto: ppluch@...-klu.ac.at