split plot design

  • Francisco Cabrera Rodríguez, M. Sc.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2002
      I am analyzing how many animals are in different places. I have taken
      measures in two years during different months. Numbers of animals differed
      among places, there was also variation due to months and years. I presume
      that the best way to analyze this would be a split-plot design in which the
      main effect is PLACE, YEAR would like a block and MONTH a source of
      variation of higher order than YEAR. I would appreciate any input of the
      other people of the list.
      Sincerely
      Francisco Cabrera
      Ecologist Consultant