Re: [stationpro] Summary Chart of Mouser Backorder Substitutes

  • Don Cunningham
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 20, 2010
      Thanks for the reassurance, Paul.  The frustrating thing is that the very backorders are needed to finish the front panel, put boards together to complete the back panel, etc.  I should have done things earlier, so it is my fault you "early birds got all the worms", hi.  This SP-II just seems SO handy and is what I have been wanting for a long time.  Plus it is 105 to 108 most days here in Oklahoma right now, and the humidity is unusually high, so the outside antenna projects are not what one wants to do right now.  I do have to get a new, 70'  "breakover" pole prepped to go in the ground tomorrow night or Thursday night, so I'll have to mow grass and do the pole prep anyway today.  It will be nice to have the 4 element quad at about 75', no guys, and the hope of more sunspots, hi.
      73 all,
      Don, WB5HAK
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 20, 2010

        Don,

        Tnx for the info on my proposed substitute for the 12 pin Molex .156 female connector. The Mouser order form mistakenly says there are 1645 in stock!  Fortunately, there are several other substitutes that are exact equivalents. There are many ways to skin a cat. Try either of these:

        p/n 538-09-62-6125 (229 immediate ship)

        p/n 538-09-48-3126  (200 immed. ship, 208 in 10 days)

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 21, 2010
          Jim,
          I am getting even wierder (hope that is a word) updates on the 12p Molex headers from Mouser.  You gave me the other two options below as possible subs, as I read the listings, the 6125 is 11 pin, not 12 and the 3126 is 9 pin.  Am I reading this wrong, or did your glasses slip, hi.  DigiKey shows some subs, but they are a "WD" prefix and I'm not familiar with them.  They show the 09 series Molex as "non stock".  Mouser has three of the ones I need in stock (538-09-52-3123) and the date for the other one is "TBD" and they will advise later.  Any ideas, or do I just need to be patient and see what Mouser advises??

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 21, 2010
            Jim,
            Sorry, I fat fingered that last.  The recommended DigiKey sub is WM13539-ND.  It sure looks like it would work, and shows to be in stock.  I'll order 4 of those and cancel Mouser if that will work.
            Thanks,
            Don, WB5HAK

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 21, 2010
              Jim,
              Last message tonight, I promise!!!!  I told you I have a vision impairment and misread the 538-09-62-6125 IS DEFINITELY 11 pin.  I just made that 11 a 10 somehow.  Nevermind, I will change my order in the morning and get that much done, then ALL I will be missing is S302!!!
              Thanks for your patience with me and others, hi
              Don, WB5HAK

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 21, 2010
                I am up too late, making too many mistakes.  I will research the DigiKey part number I sent you.  I need 12 pins and 6125 from Mouser is 11 pins, sheesh.  Sorry for all the confusion.
                73
              • Don Cunningham
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 21, 2010
                  I sure hope you read this last one first.  Just disregard the other four or five.  ALL the numbers you gave me ARE CORRECT.  I need to proofread Mousers "specification" pages for them.  BOTH of those are right in the heading and in the Molex datasheets, but wrong in the specifications!!!!!!!  Amazing.  Do you happen to know if the Radio Shack switch is just on-on like the Mouser one you specified for S302??  I can fix this problem if so, and change/cancel some of the Mouser order and drive to town for the missing switch, hi.  I am gone to bed, as I should have an hour ago.  Once again, sorry for all this.
                  73,
                  Don
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 21, 2010

                    Don,

                    I’m pretty sure my recommended substitute part numbers are correct, but I agree the Mouser page is confusing. Here’s why. The Mouser search engine gives one the option of specifying various desired parameters when you search for specific parts. In the case of Molex connectors, the parameters include “number of positions,” “pitch,” “contact material,” etc. Next to each position is a little box, and if that box is checked then the search engine filters the search results accordingly. If the box isn’t checked, then the search engine ignores those parameters.

                    In the case of “number of positions,” the box isn’t checked. Ditto for “pitch.”  What is confusing is that Mouser enters default values of  “11” for the number of positions, and “2.54mm” for pitch, even though the search results ignore both those quantities. In fact, for the substitute part numbers in my chart the correct number of positions is “12” and the correct pitch is 3.96mm. Hence the confusion.  To reassure yourself, try clicking on “Data Sheet” which will tell you more than you ever wanted to know about the Molex connectors in question!