RF Path Out of the Station Pro 2

  • lionking45@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 23, 2013
      I assume I can start out just by being to able to swap transceivers just on the output (RF) side.

      I have 2 transceivers a K2 and a KX3. The KX3 cannot yet excite an amp without the KXPA100

      I have just one amplifier right now - a Drake L4B
      I have the K2 connected to the TX1 side on the RF box
      I have the output of the KX3 connected to the TX2 on the RF box.
      Both of the above are RG8X

      The input of the amplifier L4B is connected to the AMP IN (AMP1)
      The output of the L4B is connected to the AMP OUT (Amp 1)

      Here is where my confusion is

      The Output of the RFBox is now connected to the Antenna Tuner Input (Palstar AT2K)

      The antenna tuner output is connected to the Antenna Switch control Box (Ameritron RCS 4)

      The output of the antenna switch control box goes out to a relay box which is then connected to the antennas

      When I manually tune the radio at low power I get high reflected power. I can't seem to hear the signals. So something is wrong with my RF path out to the antenna

      Can anyone help me out?

      Ariel NY4G
    • Dave Trainor
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 23, 2013

        Check ground continuity between the so0239’s on the RF switch box, have seen that cause problems if they are not making good solid contact to the metal case.

        73 – Dave N8ZFM