Re: Received panel yesterday - Thanks!

  • Billy
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 2, 2013
      I have been using Pace equipment for years. You can find some good deals for used Pace soldering/de-soldering equipment. My main station is an older MBT 3 channel model. The soldering iron's are great but the heating elements don't last as long as I would like. However, the de-soldering unit is a very robust and well designed piece that works very well. It was designed for production work and the heating elements last a long time. If de-soldering is all you need, I would look into one of their 2 channel units, like an MBT 200 series.
      Pace used two different size heating elements to accommodate two different sized tips. The 3/16's unit is the better one, and carries more heat. Soldapullit units and wick have their place and I use them when needed, but nothing works like the Pace system, especially on double sided circuit boards.
      73 de Billy N6YW