SP-2B Custom Black Panels Now Shipping

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 19, 2013

      Hi Everybody,

      I'm finally ready to fill previous orders for custom engraved black SP-II panels. Sorry it's taken so long, but I've been out of town a good part of the summer. To remind folks, there are 40 panels available, and this point they are all spoken for. If you want one, but are not on the below list, let me know and I'll put you on a waiting list, since there are likely to be some cancellations. Please do not send me any money unless your name is on the below list. Some of you ordered two or three panels, and I've got that information, so you don't need to remind me! Here are the people on my list:

      Bill W4ASE                Mike W4UM               Rick     VA3VO

      Torrey N9PY              John K1JD                  Tom     NY4I

      Mark AD4MA            Chris    W7JPG            Dusty  K3WC

      Howard KA6IOB       Tom     N0HWY         Sandy  KW6KW

      Jerry K1JOS                Walt    K5SXO           Walt    W4GV

      Presley W5PD             Don     WB5HAK       Ed       K6CTA (Standby List)

      Jim K5WLQ               Mike K9UW

      John K2TQN              Tom     AB0J

      Ed AB4IQ                  Manuel W4SSB

      Andre NJ0F                Paul     W9AC

      Jim W8ZR                   Ed       K5SBR

      Jim NM8O                  Bill      K5LR

      Payment Info: The cost is $75 per panel, plus a $12 USPS Priority Mail shipping charge. (There's only one shipping charge if you ordered more than one panel.) If possible, please pay using PayPal, to my email address (4cx250b@...). I prefer PayPal, because they will keep track of the purchases and print mailing labels for me. Personal checks to my QRZ.com address (102 Spur Ranch Road, Santa Fe, NM 87540) are also fine, if that's what you'd prefer.

      Cancellations: Please let me know if you've changed your mind and want to cancel or reduce your order. If you want to increase your order, I'll have to put you on a waiting list for the extra panel, and depending on the timing there's a chance you may get stuck with an extra shipping charge.

      Future Availability of Panels: Sorry, but this is a one-time offer and won't be renewed.

      Installation Instructions: Please download my step-by-step installation instructions from my website. Go to http://www.w8zr.net/stationpro/index.htm , click on "Download Files" on the header, then scroll down to "Supplementary Information" and click on "Front Panel Upgrade Instructions." I realize replacing the front panel isn't rocket science, but there are a couple of tricks to doing it efficiently without damaging the front panel PCB, so please don't try to wing it and skip the instructions.

      Good luck, and I think you'll be very pleased with the result. Let me know how things turn out.

    • Ed Pflueger
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 19, 2013

        Jim I already paid and have received the two panels.  If you remember I was short one power switch.  By the way the change went as expected and really looks nice.

        Thanks

        Ed……..AB4IQ

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 19, 2013

          Hi Ed,

          Glad the changeover went smoothly and that you're pleased with the results. The trickiest part of the installation is removing the old power switch. I tried to detail a procedure that worked well for me in my installation instructions, but haven't heard yet how other builders fared.

          I've not forgotten the power switch I owe you, but haven't had a chance to pick up a suitable padded envelope, yet.  I can't bring myself to spend $12 mailing a $3 switch, but I'll get it off to you shortly, one way or the other. Sorry for the delay.

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 19, 2013

            Jim just forget it, the guy that bought the other unit has yet to build it so it’s not really an issue as far as he is concerned.  I do have his new panel (older one) and mine with the power switch still intact that I am sending to you as soon as I get thru with honey do’s.  Hi…..

            Like I said it’s not an issue with him about the switch.  I wouldn’t pay 12 bucks for a three dollar switch as well.  If we need one we can always get one on our next order to Mouser.  Several of us are always combining our needs for other projects.

            Also the mother board you sent me fixed my issues so I’m “HAPPAY HAPPY HAPPY” and thanks again.

            Thanks Ed………

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 19, 2013

              Thanks very much, Ed. I'm glad the new motherboard worked out for you. Sorry again about the switch. Interestingly, I bought 50 of them a year ago when I was worried about a lengthy Mouser backorder holding up guys who were waiting for parts. Ever since them, Mouser's had them in stock. Fortunately, having the switches on hand made it possible to tuck one into my custom panel orders with no fuss.